A year in, my conclusions so far...

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by psyrob, Feb 5, 2018.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I started off similar to you, figured out what DE razor and blade I liked the most and went down that route.
    I hate to admit this, but it almost become predictable how good the shave would be.
    Then some guy named Fuzzy @wchnu said the same thing about single edge and injectors, and to be honest, I rarely if ever reach for my DE razors now.
    I've actually gotten better, smoother, and less irritation with the single edge and injectors.
    But if you like what you have, GREAT!
    Keep going and see how good your shaves can be.

RyX and Screwtape like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I'd be carefull about listening to that Fuzzy guy....

Great job on getting the hang of this stuff!! Keep on keeping on!!

Herm2502, RyX and Screwtape like this.
  3. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Great report psyrob. As others have mentioned, you might consider broadening your soap spectrum. Stirling is a fantastic soap and has a ton of scents and if you like slickness try a Barrister & Mann soap (B &M is by far the slickest soap I've tried). There are so many great soaps out there it is unreal. I like TOBS but IMO it doesn't come close to many of the soaps in terms of performance. I good soap will make your shave even smoother. You are well on your way. Great job!!

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm going to do a similar report, but it would have to be "3 Years In", and it'll have to wait until August.....5th, I believe.

5. psyrob

psyrob Member

John: Thanks, broadening my soap horizon is a good idea. With so many choices, I have been kind of paralyzed to make decisions on what to get. I have had a few stinkers, that makes my reluctant to just go wild and then have buyers remorse. Stirling and B&M seem like good places to start, so I will check them out.
    Thanks to all for your encouragment and recommendations.

john zeiger likes this.