About feather ac dx lifespan and care

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by EmreMusovi, Feb 9, 2014.

1. EmreMusovi

EmreMusovi Member

Dear sirs,

i realy like this razor (stainless steel) and stocked blades for the rest of my life... İ shave daily and stocked over 25 boxes... 1 box for each year

But i ofc have to keep razor in good condition for 30-35 years

My setup is follows.

Rinse it without removing the cap (to keep mechanism in good condition and also to avoid blade to go dull) but presaing enough to let the water in and just use some cotton to make it dry

i use mineral oil and alochol to disinfect and keep condition monthly

actually the mechanism under the head makes me worried.

Any suggestions?

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

The mechanism under the head is a simple pivot and sping, both from all account seem made to last. The two parts which clamp down on the blade can be disassembled, you can google the instructions or they may have come with the razor; for a deeper cleaning/oiling. The biggest thing with the Artist Club series is to not leave a blade in them, they're stainless steel so a little more resilient to corrosion compared to shavettes from other manufacturers.

Other than those ideas, the razor itself is relatively still too new to judge how long it will last, fortunately Feather does build quality products.

jeraldgordon and GDCarrington like this.
  3. EmreMusovi

EmreMusovi Member

Well removing the blade weekly like i did on other de's is enough?

Regards

4. snuff

snuff Well-Known Member

I have used them for a long time and remove the blade every day by sliding the mechanism open, no problem so far.

5. EmreMusovi

EmreMusovi Member

Thank you, by sliding you mean opening the mechanism or just presssing upside to remove the blade only?

6. snuff

snuff Well-Known Member

I mean opening the mechanism