Adventures of the Bunny in Europe: European pass-around of the Bunny V3

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by macaronus, Feb 21, 2016.

1. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Thanks to the generosity of Tom @twhite I can offer a pass around of his Bunny razor. While @riverrun 's pass around concentrates on the UK, this one will be open to all other European members.
    BunnyRazor.jpg

You can find out about the razor here and here.

This pass around is for continental Europe members only.
    Here are the rules Tom wants us to follow:

----------

How to Sign Up:
    Experienced injector users will get the Bunny first but all casual shavers willing to provide feedback are welcome and are encouraged to join in. You meet the definition of an experienced injector user if you regularly shave with a variety of injectors and are capable of describing distinctions between injector shaves. If this is you, please send me a PM by the end of Monday the 22nd. If you wouldn’t put yourself in that category, please sign up when the sign up list is posted here on Tuesday the 23rd.

Experienced injector users come first for this pass-around. This will serve several important functions.

1. They will already have the required blades to start the shave.
    2. They will be more in tune with how injectors perform. Therefore will be able to give a comparative feedback of how it stacks up against other injectors.
    Once the Pros have had a go with the razor, the more casual users will get them. This too will provide @twhite with a different type of valuable feedback.

Here is all I request. You give an honest feedback on how the razor looks and performs for you. If you have any suggestions please feel free to pass that along to us. Obviously post the review on the forum. Please tell us how much previous experience with injector razors you have had.

Now to the other things.

You are responsible for the razor from the time you receive it until the time the next person signs for it. I think 10 days with the razor is a fair time to use it.

When you receive the razor there will be a blade in it. It will be a used blade from the previous person. As loading a blade into an injector without a blade is a pain.

When you receive the razor clean it and put a new blade in of your choosing. I will highly recommend for your first shave to use the medium comb (NOTSO) Pick the blade you are most familiar and comfortable with. If you are unsure use the Chinese Schick (Chick). After the first shave please experiment as you see fit.

If you find you do not like shaving with it - no hard feelings. Really. But please send it on sooner to make the wait shorter for your fellow shave fanatics.

Please post comments about your shaves. What works well, what would you change about the Bunny, and what you don’t like are all useful comments. Any and all ideas are welcome.

When you are done using the razor and are ready to pass on, please clean the razor up. Nobody really likes handling a dirty razor. Please DO NOT REMOVE THE BLADE!

It is your responsibility to contact the next person in line for their address and to mail it to them in a box – not an envelope. Please be sure it is insured for € 50 as you are responsible for the razor from the time you receive it until the time the next person receives it. Also you must PM the tracking number to me and the next person in line.

When shipping please use a method that will require a signature when receiving. That will protect you from being on the hook for a lost razor. After you receive the razor please let us know that you received it with a post on the thread.

As this is a shaving forum activity we want to accommodate all who want to try them. After all that is part of the fun. We do not know how many want to have a try with them. If there are a lot it may take a while to get to you. We hope you will understand.

Lets have some fun and enjoy the ride.

Mike

----------

I’ll order the list, based on user experience as Tom requested.
    Please state your injector experience when joining the list.

Who is up for this exciting opportunity? Experienced users, please send me a PM by the end of Monday the 22nd. If you wouldn’t put yourself in that category, please sign up when the sign up list is posted here on Tuesday the 23rd.

Faithfully,
    Your European Bunny Rep

tuxxdk, Rufus T., Billyfergie and 4 others like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Good deal! Hoping to see it making its way from the European snowy north to the sunny south :)

youngunn, RyX, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Yeah, that would be a blast!

Darkbulb and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Good Show Chaps..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Darkbulb and macaronus like this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Billyfergie, tuxxdk and Slow Joe like this.
  6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Oh, and @Tjebbe of course! Fancy having a go at the Bunny?

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

Yep, I fancy having a go!
    I'm in for the second round, I'm not an experienced user.. I do have a PAL Injectomatic and the blades, so I can only compare it with that.
    Thanks for thinking of me

Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Thanks for inviting. Not in though. I have no experience with injectors and as such own no blades.

Good initiative!!

Billyfergie likes this.
  9. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Were injectors even introduced to the European market back in the day? If you feel there's a lack of interest, that might explain it, combined with you wanting more experienced users.
    I bought a Personna Injector myself about 7 years ago, and I must admit to only having used it once or twice - It wasn't a bad shave, I just felt like I was back holding a cartridge razor again.
    Thanks for the offer @macaronus , but I'm going to pass :)

Billyfergie and macaronus like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

We want anybody who is willing to give it a go. Please reconsider.

Tom

11. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

12. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with injectors, but I would love to give the bunny razor a try anyways. So I'm in for the second round as well ;) Will sign up tomorrow.
    The only experience I have with single edge razors: I own and use 3 GEMs.

I won the TSD raffle and picked Dzia Dzias Schick G. He will generously provide me with some blades. So at least I will be able to compare the Bunny with the vintage Schick :)

Thanks very much Tom for the opportunity - and Mike for organizing this :happy088:

Billyfergie, twhite and Karl G like this.
  13. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great! You'll be on the list as well!

Anybody who is willing to have a go is welcome! So if you are curious and want to join in after all: please let me know! Blades are no problem as I will include a bunch of blades in the pass-around (Personna, Schick single edge and Schick Injector II). So you're still invited! :)

Anybody who is willing to have a go is welcome! So if you are curious and want to join in after all: please let me know! :)

Anybody who is willing to have a go is welcome! So if you are curious and want to join in after all: please let me know! :)

Okay, dude! :happy088:

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  14. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

@macaronus @twhite

I'll give it a go! :) I picked up my adjustable type M long time ago only to leave it more or less unused until recently. It really has grown on me, though, so I'm curious to compare it to the Bunny. Other than that adjustable, I gave a G type a few tries quite a while back but my sensory and other memory isn't good enough for any comparison to be made (and I can't try it again right away either, as it was just lost in my brother in law's recent moving process – and because I thought I had one, I skipped the recent opportunity during the TSD raffle...)

All that aside, I'm sure I'll be able to come up with feedback and comparison to DEs, the Schick Adjustable and the Mongoose with its Feather or Kai kinds of SE blades.

Billyfergie, Darkbulb, twhite and 2 others like this.
  15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great! Welcome to the list!

Darkbulb and Karl G like this.
  16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

The European Tour of the Bunny will be hosted on The Shave Den and on The Shave Room. Europe based members of both sites are encouraged to participate. Their reviews can be read on the respective threads. This is the list so far:

Experienced users can skip the line until the end of Monday Feb 22nd Central Europe time
    • Halvor (The Shave Den thread) reluctantly declined :(
    • MJClark (The Shave Room thread)

From Tuesday Feb 23rd and onwards (first come first serve)
    • Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
    • Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
    • Marverel (The Shave Den thread)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Marverel, Billyfergie, Tjebbe and 2 others like this.
  17. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Well..Thats an Interesting One..Injectors were largely unheard of in Europe until PAL Marketed the Injectomatic there in the 50s when it never caught on in the USA because of the Customer Loyalty to Schick's..Most of the PAL Injectomatics were sold in the UK & some even made there..Schick opened a Dutch Plant in Later years but by that time it was far too late to get a Wider Customer Base..In short..They were Sparse in European Countries..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Thanks for the info, Billy!
    I remember my late Granddad used an injector when I was younger. At that time I thought it to be an odd and stupidly old fashioned thingy. What did I know? :angry032:

When he passed away I wasn't yet 'into' traditional shaving, so I guess the razor must have found its way to the dustbin. :angry017:

Karl G, twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Looks like the Bunny is in The Netherlands now. Soon to be at his new home.

Billyfergie, Karl G and macaronus like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ah yes, the Dutch Bunny...
    [​IMG]