After shave splash vs. skin bracer. What's the diff?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by nlpavalko, Jan 6, 2009.

1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

2. nlpavalko

nlpavalko New Member

Cool, thanks for the heads-up.

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Pinaud Citrus Musk. Best low cost citrus splash bar none. Be sure to check the shopping sticky at the top of this forum to get yourself started.

4. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Pinaud made several citrus aftershaves. I just recommend avoiding the blue death (aka "Aqua Velva"). You might like Bay Rum, especially some of the Bay Rum + Citrus combinations out there. TSD Signature scent is Bay Rum and Lime, it's an excellent scent. Saint Charles Shave has Bay Rum with a Twist (Lime again) which is very popular. Plus many others.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Bergamot, not Lime.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Aqua Velva is one of the best bar none.... Ranks up there with Old Spice. You can get the "smells just like old spice" from the dollar store and it is about as good.

The Pinaud that Eagle suggest is good stuff. The Bay Rum is a favorite of mine. I use the Barbasol green and Musk.. love them. and they are cheap.

Just my $.02 worth.

Oh and if you would like to sample some of the old spice.. or the bay rum let me know I can send you a sample of each to try.

Fuzzy

7. Destro85

Destro85 New Member

This is 100 percent true. When I started with this whole stick a few months ago I never in a million years would have pictured myself with a drawer full of cologne and aftershave. And here I am 60 days later sniping samples of colognes and aftershaves and whatever I can find off of ebay and from this site and others. In fact I just grabbed up a small bottle of 4711 to try out on ebay for only $4 shipped.

If you want to try citrus, give the Royal Sampler a shot. I got one for Christmas this year and so far all the scents have been very good. It comes with Orange, Lime, Bay Rum, and Musk.

(Musk smells like my cat's litter box. But the rest are very good.)

EDIT: Also, just because something is "old man" scented don't let that deter you. I am starting to like the more classic scents. And "Confidence is Very Sexy...Don't You Think?"

8. nlpavalko

nlpavalko New Member

wchnu I'm interested in anything and everything free! :happy088

In all seriousness, I'd like to try as many different things as I can in terms of AS, and as I've said many times before I'm a poor college student, and if it's a choice between AS or beer, I'll choose beer! :happy069

And indeed, Destro85, old man smells arn't bad b/c quite honestly most women don't appreciate, or have experience with classic scents.