Aggressive Shavers

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by damnitgoose, Apr 14, 2016.

1. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I am very used to my Icon Tech and get wonderful irritation free shaves while it mows down anything in it's path.

Spyder, ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  2. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoy shaving with the growlers (R41, Fatip, Merkur slants) but I like the milder ones too.

A Feather blade in a Feather AS-D2 gives me a near perfect shave -- hard to tell there's even a blade in the rig (and a wicked sharp one too) it shaves so smooth. It is gentle enough for me to do considerable blade buffing, even ATG on my upper lip! No discernable irritation.

My R41 and iKon SB seem to pair best with Astra SP blades -- but I can feed the Mühle almost any blade that isn't comfortable for me in other razors. It even makes the Dorco 300 blades useable for me (single shave or maybe 2, at most -- no buffing).

My apologies to any Dorco fans out there -- YMMV

3. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

I attempted to up my '13 R41 a while back and got a 3D printed head similar to the one mentioned by @gwsmallwood only I got the Hurricane model, not the Spitfire. While the latter supposedly replicates or even moves it beyond the top cap of the '11, the former is an alleged improvement on it, making it smoother without compromising on efficiency (largely by reducing jitter). Regardless, too aggressive for me.

Merkur Futur some people find aggressive, for me it's one of the smoothest out there (though I haven't tried it on highest setting).

YMMV. There, I said it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ob1page, opsimath, Spyder and 2 others like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

What's the highest setting you've tried it on?

Spyder and AGHisBBS like this.
  5. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I just checked and it was on 6. That means .5 from highest setting. That must mean that I felt comfortable going that high. I do remember now, though, that I thought it was better at 4-5. I don't think I've tried the Super adjustable or FatBoy on anything above 7 -- and those too I prefer at a lower setting.

Spyder and Robyflexx like this.
  6. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

Gents, my razor is complete!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Spyder and damnitgoose like this.
  8. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

H1? The handle is a beauty. UFO?

9. damnitgoose

Looks like it right? It's a Hempel handle and they are on sale at Shave Revolution. The craftsmanship is brilliant

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Spyder and Robyflexx like this.
  10. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I love those barberpole spiral handles. We're just finishing up Dave Ramsey's Baby Step 2 right now, so I settled on the Razorock Version. I wish it was just a little shorter...

AGHisBBS likes this.
  11. damnitgoose

Indeed. Im not high on long handles. I find them to be pretty cumbersome. This is perfect. Its like 2.75" or so fits nice in the hand, and grippy as all get out. Highly recommended

Spyder, AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  12. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I actually own one of those bloodletters, don't know what I was thinking. Never shaved with it.

Spyder and Robyflexx like this.