American-made blades?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Oldschoolpaulie, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Who makes the best American-made blades for the safety razor?

2. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

The only American made DE blade that I know of is Personna, but there may be others.

3. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

personna, best and only one. They make injector, SE, and DE blades. I only buy Personna.

they make cartridges and disposables as well

4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I think Personnas are as good as any blade made anywhere and they can be found pretty cheap too. Amazon has them for under $13/100 shipped.

tuxxdk likes this.
  5. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I do like the Personna blues but the reds I have are marked Made in Israel. I guess they make them in two countries, not sure where the med preps are from.

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Personna/American Safety Razor, the makers of the GEM Blue Star and Treet single edge blades, and also the CVS brand of Trac II and Atra cartridges.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The Personna Med Preps and what we generally call the Personna Lab Blues are the U.S. made Personna's. There are many Israeli made Personna's such as the Israeli Red, Crystal, TOMY, and Viking's Sword. Some of the Israeli blades may be the same blade packaged for different markets. For instance, the packaging used for the Israeli Red's in the UK is "Blue" and completely different.

BigMark and Misphit like this.
  8. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Only ones I know of are the Personna Med Preps and Personna "Labs".

9. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Oh yeah and Welcome to The Shave Den.