Announcing Nationwide Box Tour III

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fishcrow, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

The box is enroute back to Fort Smith. I plan on a quick turnaround on the box. I encourage both old and new shavers to join in.

Hello, everyone of the Den, you are invited to join in the first Nationwide Box Tour for 2014.
    FIRST SHIP OUT DATE TO THE NATION WILL BE 10 OCTOBER OFFICAL SIGN-UP FOR PARTICIPANTS STARTS NOW THROUGH 8 OCTOBER..

Please keep in mind that postage the cost of of a large priority box will box 1s around 16.75.

Guidelines:
    1} Please post your interest in participating in this thread ONLY.

2}Send me a PM with your name, address, phone number, and your e-mail address.

3} I'm compiling the list, as soon a enough members sign-up, I will do my best to arrange the names in the a geographical order . So the box will flow the best way.

4} I will post a picture of its contents, organize it, place in the correct size flat rate USPS box, then it will go to the first person.

5}Once the box arrives to you, please post a picture of the contents and also a picture of what you are placing in the box.

6}Send the box on its way.

7}Repeat steps 5&6, until the box arrives at the last person.

Lastly a few last words.
    1} When placing content into the box, place in a baggie with your name and date, the contents. This is important because things do leak and spill.

2} Please place shave related items in the box or items that would interest the TSD members.
    Please keep junk out of the box. Restore-able straight razors are not junk, nor are brush handles that can be re-knotted. This is not a junk box respect the other members receiving the box next.
    If something is leaking place in a new container.

3}Common items such as Williams and VDH, should be avoided being placed in the box.

4}Place a postcard of where you are from.

5}Once you have signed-up you will not receive a confirmation that the box is onto you, it will be your responsibility to let me know that you do not care to receive it.

6}Please be timely in moving the box along, if something does arise that causing a delay contact me. I know problems do arise in life.

7} A good flow of communication is essential for success.

If your concern is the value of what you remove vs the cost of shipping you probably won't want to participate. If you think that you can remove the cost of shipping on products you will most likely will be disappointed. Have fun with this foremost do not get hung up on the value.
    Look at this as a group PIF. Let's have fun

Tattoobob and Chuck F like this.
  2. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I'm in! Do you still have my information?

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

When is the world tour ? =P

KLF, Bristle Me and Norseman like this.
  5. david of central florida

How much is the difference to send it to you.
    if it's like twenty-five would you be in to send it back?
    I don't mean to over step, I'm not in charge. but if it's not unreasonable, I'll pay the difference to send it to you.

Omelmad likes this.
  6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

You can look on the USPS website to see how much it costs. That large flat rate priority box is $80.50 to ship to Sweden.

Omelmad likes this.
  7. david of central florida

WOW, that's a bunch
    world wide tour may have to be derailed, sorry my friend

Shotwell and Omelmad like this.
  8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Im really happy you actually considered it. Im sorry I gave you extra homework (Looking up how much it would cost) I was actually just joking but I forgot to post that =P(i do that sometimes)

It would have been a lot of fun to join the tour box, but I know that a world wide Box would be to expensive. This is something for you in the US to enjoy =) its a very cool idea!

Norseman and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Im starting to put together a pile of nice offerings, please count me in for round 3. Are the new additions going first again? Im also curious to see how much gets filtered so that we can have some room in the box. Thanks again for being the organizer, I hope we get a nice list of entries this time.

10. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

I'm in! Can someone tell me what the guidelines are? (beyond what was posted in the original post). First time doing this for me. Do you take something out and keep it? Do you put in equal to what you take out? Or add more to it? How long does the box stay in your possession? (Immediate turnaround? Or...?)

Sorry, just want to be sure I "get" the concept here.

11. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yes, all that. Keep it for a few days. Try some things, take some things, put some things in, send it along. It's a way to check out a lot of different products at once. The box actually saved me money by being able to see a few products I'd been curious about blind buying. Look over the previous box tour threads and you'll be able to see how it goes, what people have taken and put in.

Tattoobob likes this.
  12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

In for Tour III

13. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

The box is like a giant PIF,keep the box no longer then a week.. It takes going through the box a couple times really find all the goodies. Try some items out, if you want. You take out what you feel you want and it is yours. Replace it with items from your den and ship it to the next person. If you have any other questions please ask.

14. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great participation already more new names.
    1.Dapper-in-a-can man
    2.David of Central Florida
    3.Jr Reyes
    4. Dayton B
    5. Omaney
    6.Shotwell
    7.Chuck F
    8.Tattobob

The more that sign up more fun for everyone.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Shotwell likes this.
  15. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I'm in, too! Do you still have my address info or should I re send it?

16. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

i think i got it, I'm in, sounds pretty cool.

17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Yes you are good to go.

Chuck F likes this.
  18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Yes you are good to go too.

19. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

The box arrived back in Fort Smith.

It was heavvvvvy as usual. Fairly good shape for being bounced around the US. Went through everything and organized it into fresh bags. The trash bag liner was a great idea and worked very well.

IMG_0232.JPG

Still plenty of time to get in on this tour and have fun going through and picking out things.

20. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Looks like a pile of candy after a good night of trick or treat.

Bristle Me, Shotwell and Chuck F like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.