Another vote for Atra

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Bird Lives, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

So What does this look like to you? It looks like Sean Connery is an Atra man, to me...Lol.
    Although someone said this pic is from 1983, and if thats the case, we were all using Atras in '83...At least those of us who were around then, and bearing whiskers...:D
    So Am I right? Or is it something else?
    Also check out that "Half Nelson" Skin Stretch move...:) 4294065948_22d3bd7636_z[1].jpg

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I think I recall my dad having one of those. I may have even snuck a shave back then but that is pure speculation but knowing me, I probably tried it...at least a patch on my arm or something. I'd have been 8, so maybe that was a tad early....

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I still from time to time use my Atra with vintage Schick Slim Twin blades. That combo provides a very close. It is a close as I can get to DE/Injectors with any cartridge razor combo.

4. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Looks like my 1984 Atra. As far as cartridge razors go, I love my Atra and Sensors.
    My Atra is my razor for shaving in the shower when I'm in a hurry. Soak my face while I wash. Rub bar of Ivory soap all over my face. Lather it up a bit, and shave. I get a better shave that way, than I EVER did with my FUsion or Trash3.
    The Ivory soap in the shower also works much better for me than canned goo ever did.

For what it's worth, I use the same method for skin stretching.