Antique store finds?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Pilotcld, Jul 19, 2017.

1. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

That's a "Morley & Son's Clover Razor". They were made from 1913 TO 1927. I'd get that for $19 but I'd still offer them $15 first. Rust doesn't looks too bad and could clean up nicely with wd40 and steel wool and then push with flitz/maas/autosol. I do see a lot hone wear on the spine so it may be well used, overall, still salvageable.

In the first pic the edge looked really rough, but I didn't see it in the last picture. I think that would be a fun easy restore and great shaver. If that edge is really gnarly though, you might have to take away metal to get to good steel.

mrchick and Pilotcld like this.
  2. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

I will keep you up to date for sure. I might have to go at a later date and see if my wife will let me get it haha. She is the keeper of the keys to the bank if you will. I was lucky to get the tuckaway today haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I own a couple of W.H.Morley & Sons Clover Brand razors. They are well made and take a great edge. It also looks like it has plenty of life left in it.

TheFiveO, mrchick and Pilotcld like this.
  4. Pilotcld

How much would you say they are generally worth? (This will help when trying to justify a purchase to swmbo haha)

5. DaltonGang

That's the big question. It's very subjective, and depends if you will polish it up yourself , or send it out. I bought mine, that looked similar to the one you posted, for under $15. Another one, better, for less. Too many variables. Offer $10, settle for $15.

TheFiveO, mrchick and Pilotcld like this.
  6. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

My kewtie with brass handle with a translucent yellow case, meaning it's a very early model, circa 1930. Extremely clean may or may not have been used. Today's other find is what @Ijustmissedthe50s and I think is a 1974 British made Gillette Tech. There's no doubt that this razor has never been used.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. DaltonGang

Any Straight Razors??

Amy Warner likes this.
  8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Btw, this is a mustache cup. Keeps the stash out of your drink:
    [​IMG]

brit and Pilotcld like this.
  9. Pilotcld

Nice! That's awesome! I've never seen one of those before!

10. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

No we didn't see any.

11. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Saw this today. Box says its to make any razor shave ready but I couldn't make out the Brand Name..[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

DaltonGang likes this.
  12. Pilotcld

Hey all!!
    I’ve been in Saskatoon, Canada for 30 hours and walked over to an antique store nearby!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I ALMOST was able to buy this cup, but I didn’t have any Canadian or American cash and they didn’t take visa! It was an Old Spice cup about a Turkish Ship. I wanted it so bad! It was $25
    [​IMG]

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

PM sent