Antique Store Treasure!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Joelio, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

I went into a HUGE antique mall here in KC today and found this little gem: image.jpg
    I notice a small handle poking out and looked a little closer... There was a Fat Boy hiding in there!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    So I bought the combo ($40 for both). The Fat Boy is a G3 (1961) and the Razobrite Bath is in great shape!

On another note, my Slim arrived in the mail today! BOOM! Now I have a Slim, Fat Boy and a Black Beauty!
    Here's the slim: image.jpg
    I'll clean them both up with scrubbing bubbles tomorrow and post a little more eye candy for your viewing pleasure!

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nice score!
    It must have been a HUGE mall to hold these gi-normous razors!

Joelio likes this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Congratulations looks like you got a great deal there. :happy088: :signs021:

4. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

It actually is pretty dang big! 50,000 sq ft over 2 floors with over 300 dealers. And in all of that, there was ONE safety razor. Granted, there were several straights and some barber brushes and fancy (kinda girly looking) scuttles too, but I'm not into straights much as of this point. There was also a decent, in box with instructions Rolls Razor for $9 I was gonna grab today but when I went back to find it later it was gone already.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Niiiiiice!

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You did good.

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

$40 for a FatBoy and the razor bath...GREAT score!! Just an FYI if the Rolls Razor was in good shape(solid uncracked hone, decent strop, everything in working order, plus instructions) $9 was a steal!! Looks like you have a wonderful collection shaping up..:)

8. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Kansas City REPRESENT!!! ;-)

Joelio likes this.
  9. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

I just let the fat boy soak for 15 mins or so in some hot water with dawn dish soap and to a toothbrush to it and, to my delight, the numbers still have the black enamel inside! I haven't found any brassing yet and most of the grime came off pretty easily. I'm planing on hitting both the slim and the fat boy (and maybe a couple others in my collection that need a good cleaning including my black beauty) with the scrubbing bubbles tomorrow. I'll post some pictures post-scrubba-bubblin tomorrow afternoon!

10. nascarfandan

nascarfandan Active Member

Nothing beats the great taste of scoring some sweet stuff in the wild....except for maybe.... (insert the entendre of choice).
    :happy096:

11. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

Here she is, all cleaned up!!
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

12. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

13. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Very nice. The FB is my go to razor, on 6 with a Feather blade. Enjoy:eatdrink047:

14. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    ... <speechless> ...

... wow ...

<speechless>

15. blk05crew

blk05crew Well-Known Member

Very nice score!

16. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

17. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

While the offer is tempting, I do my own stunts ;)

ObiDon likes this.
  18. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That fatboy looks great =)

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

:signs011:
    One of the perks with the Gillette Models 195s is if for some reason you and the razor don't get along, there are plenty of potential buyers out there to take it off your hands. ;)

Omelmad likes this.
  20. Tibby49

Tibby49 New Member

I would be on cloud nine if I scored that. Cleaned up nice too.