Any Arko shaving cream lovers.??

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by The Shaving Zone, May 27, 2018.

1. The Shaving Zone

The Shaving Zone Well-Known Member

Any Arko shaving cream lovers.??

After trying several shaving creams and soaps, from Palmolive to Martin de Candre, I have come to the conclusion that expensive doesn't means good.!!

I really enjoy using inexpensive shaving creams like Arko. And I have to say that in my personal opinion Arko shaving creams are amazing and a great example of good quality and affordability.!!

I currently own the whole line of Arko shaving creams and by far my two favorites are:

- Maximum Comfort
    - Hydrate (moist) 20180326_125117_20180527012410929.jpg 20180319_122450_20180527012329710.jpg

MR41, wristwatchb, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I had an Arko cream phase, I bought every scent that Bestshave offered at the time. They were good creams, I think I liked commando scent the best.

Yehuda D and The Shaving Zone like this.
  3. The Shaving Zone

The Shaving Zone Well-Known Member

I didn't know that there's an Arko Commando, interesting!!

Yehuda D likes this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

It came in a camo pattern tube, smelled like Brut, I think. This was about 8 years ago.

I just Googled for it, seems that it is discontinued...

The Shaving Zone and Yehuda D like this.
  5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I used to be a big Arko fan but ever since the company made such big changes in their products all I enjoy now are the stick and the Ice Mint cream.

Frijolero likes this.
  6. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I have a tube in the den. I believe it is "maximum comfort"

I put it middle of the pack. Not good, not bad. I take it with me when I'm traveling.

Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

The regular stick is a great bargain soap but I like to use a little balm afterwards because it is a good soap for cleaning the skin of oils for me anyways! It's still part of my soap rotation, I ended up putting my tube in a underarm deodorant container for travel and it works even better IMO. Great stuff when I started getting into DE traditional shaving. Folks seem to like their line of dfferent creams also, more than likely a good marketing idea on their part. The stick scent is not for every one, I keep it in my dobb bag and have never had issues with anything yet and scent does not a fend me.
    Arko.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    MR41, Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  8. ordinaryshaver

To be honest, I bought a tube of the cream, just to try it. It isn't bad, it isn't great, just middle of the road. I bought some other stuff and it came out to free shipping, so I figured I'd try it.

Frijolero and Yehuda D like this.
  9. drnausheerp

drnausheerp Active Member

rsz_img_20181207_204053358.jpg

Yes, I like to use it from time to time. Not really a fan, it's just that most other creams are unavailable here

10. ordinaryshaver

There are worse creams that one could use. I need to use it more truth be told.
    I like the tub and the stick better than the cream, for whatever reason the cream is more drying to my face than the stick or puck.

11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Not going to lie. I have several flavors of the Arko Creams. I like them. However, I don't like them more than the Stick. I don't dislike them more than the stick either. It's in my rotation when things are normal. Just have to get through Christmas first. Have to use the Christmas scents I bought from Stirling Soaps.

Frijolero, Yehuda D and brit like this.
  12. DaveO

DaveO Active Member

I use the Arko in the red tub when I take the time to use my silver tip brush. I really like the way it lathers and gives a smooth shave. Most of the time I just use shaving cream in the aerosol can ( This is probably sacrilegious ).

Frijolero and Yehuda D like this.
  13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Arko stick is not the only one that has that citronella scent. There’s another Turkish stick called GZD which smells exactly like it and it comes in a similar package. It lathers very well but I prefer the Arko stick because it has a better postshave feel.

Frijolero likes this.
  14. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I was in a local international market not too long ago looking at hand soaps. There was one from Turkey that came in three scents - a rose, a lavender, and a "doğal". The scent of that last one was Arko, no mistaking it. So I whipped out the phone to look up what doğal means in Engish. Turned out it just means "natural". Okay, if you say so.

15. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

Arko's shaving creams perform as good as many expensive shaving creams.
    They cost about a dollar in Turkey.
    Good lather, fairly nice scents. Good creams for trips, imo.[​IMG]

MR41 likes this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I've been trying to locate some Arko Ice Mint SC. So far no luck. I ordered some from the 2 big online sites and got Hydrate instead. Has there been a name change? The Hydrate works well but not really what I wanted.

Any ideas folks?

17. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Let me guess, you ordered from Amazon, and got Hydrate instead? Same thing just happened to me.

18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Yes, that's what happened. Ordered 2 Ice Mint, got 2 Hydrate. Contacted them and was told that 2 Ice Mint on the way. Got 2 more Hydrate. Got a refund and able to keep the Hydrate. Went on ebay, ordered 2 Ice Mint and got 1 Hydrate. Still working on that one since it just happened.

How's a person to get Ice Mint anyway??

BigD likes this.
  19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I wish I knew, then I could tell you. What's going on with all of this?

20. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@poppi
    On Amazon right now it says it's sold out. I wonder if the vendor on Amazon is the same vendor for Ebay?