Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by pvtbanks, May 12, 2016.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Used to IMG_1326.JPG but sold it to pursue other interests

Carbide Mike, wristwatchb and ninjack like this.
  2. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I recently sold mine to my son...I'm getting to where I really shouldn't be on two wheels anymore. So, it's his turn.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. whaap

whaap Active Member

One of my favorite things. My dad made me a home made motor scooter when I was 8 years old. That was back in 1942. I graduated to a Famous James and then a Harley 125. Since then I've ridden mostly Hondas, BMW's and Harley Davidsons. I rode for 67 years. I was at a point in life where I felt someday I would see a sign telling me when to hang it up. I saw the sign when a bicycle going the same direction I was going decided to do a U turn. That was the first and last accident I ever had on the road. I had many back in the 50's and 60's in the dirt but those don't count.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  4. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Interesting - my only incident was with a bicycle as well. Four way stop intersection. I was stopped and had the right of way but an idiot on a bicycle blows right through. I had just started moving forward and had to brake fast. Hard to keep 600 pound of metal upright when that happens. At least it was all slow speed.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I have an 05 Honda Shadow Spirit 750, I ride to work in the spring and summer. Changed the stock seat to a solo seat and put some nicer looking mirrors on it, but everything else is stock.
    HONDA-5.jpg HONDA-3.jpg HONDA-2.jpg

Puma, clint64, Carbide Mike and 6 others like this.
  6. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I have an old bike, 82 Yamaha XJ750. It's a lot of fun to ride and easy to maintain, although I wouldn't mind something fuel injected in the future.
    [​IMG]

Sent via mobile - Chris

7. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

You can't go wrong with a Honda. ! Great bike !

8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for.

clint64 and Carbide Mike like this.
  9. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi folks. I just want to jump in here with a couple of photos of some of my most recent bikes. I was ordered off my bike by my Dr. too, but it's in my blood. I have been riding since I was seven. At first it was just minibikes, then later motorcycles. Bought my first Sportster when I was in the Army. 1983. It was my last Harley for a long time too. About ten years after I left the Army I sold that maintenance nightmare in a box. So anyway, I quit riding for a long time. Until after I got my back broken when I got car-jacked. 2007. June. Two crackheads wanted my Silverado. They were going to kill me. I fought them off though. I even held on to one until the cops could cuff him. He was so big they had to use two pairs of cuffs. So it was a long road to recovery. Motorcycling is a great low impact exercise. And it helps with my balance too. Dr. said no, I said yes. That's not the only health problem I have now. COPD and heart disease are a couple more issues. I'm on two liters of oxygen all the time too. But the reason I'm telling you folks all this is this- Do what you can do while you can still do it. Never give up. I've been fighting the odds for a while now. But I will never lay down and die. And now, here's some photos of a few of the bikes I had in the last few years. -

[​IMG]that was my 09 883 Sporty.
    Next was my 2012 Dyna
    [​IMG]

And this is my current bike , the one I traded my last Honda Rebel for, a Honda Shadow Phantom. [​IMG]

There's a lot more to my story, but I'm not going to go into it. God Bless., and ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarlfromMO, Puma, brit and 8 others like this.
  10. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Great looking bikes! I would love to have a Harley Dyna Wide Glide. That Honda Phantom is pretty slick. I would like to have bought a Victory Vegas as an upgrade to a larger bike, but will probably just stick with my Honda. It has been a great bike, with no problems. Ride in good health!

11. Morman Bridge

Thank you ninJack! I appreciate the kind words. Glad you like the photos too. That Dyna was a sweet ride, but it was too much motorcycle for my bad back. After I got off of it the last time, I think around December 2012, I had to take another break from riding. I waited two years or so, then got a 150cc Honda PCX scooter for "therapy" , and when I discovered I might still be able to ride, moved up to a Honda Rebel. It was a 250cc, then I graduated to the VT750 Honda Phantom. I won't get any bigger bike than the Phantom. I think it's curb weight is around 550lbs. As it is, the Phantom is right at my personal limits. I learned a pretty painful lesson on that Dyna. I won't be getting a bike that big again. Thanks again for your interest, and kind words. Have a great day, and ride safe.

clint64 and ninjack like this.
  12. Shadesfanclub

Shadesfanclub Member

Like the song, I actually was born on the LLANO ESTACODO.

clint64, macaronus and ninjack like this.
  13. Morman Bridge

That Super Cub replica is damn cool!

clint64, ninjack and macaronus like this.
  14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

:happy088: :transport016:

15. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

10-Q!

16. Morman Bridge

Hi all, I was scanning through some photos on google the other day, and I saw a photo of a bike that would be perfect for defending yourself against road rage artists in cages. Has anyone seen one of these before?

[​IMG]

I don't know where this photo was taken, nor by whom, but he's got the right idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma, RyX, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  17. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Frankly, I think this is useless and silly. Everyone knows you need rear-firing missiles in order to protect yourself. :angry021:

RyX and clint64 like this.
  18. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Quit riding for more than a decade - but now it's time to start again. Bought this bike today - nothing fancy, but sturdy and reliable. And it's big enough for me, since I'm almost 2m tall (that's 6'6'' for you Americans ;) )

transe.jpg

Puma, macaronus, Paul6506 and 4 others like this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Nice ride, Martin :happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  20. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Sweet ride. Never seen one. What year & size?

clint64 and Spyder like this.