Any Pocket Knife Folks Here?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Redrock, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I recently picked up a nice vintage Case knife from a junk shop, then traded it to a collector for this Case Canoe with black bone scales. This may be my new daily carry. It may also be a new thing for me to collect. Which could be expensive.
    IMG_5335.JPG

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I just picked up one of these for my Dad the other day. I really want one of these. Sorry for the factory pics, but I never opened the package.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at how small that thing is. It is the perfect multitool for so,eone who doesn't really need anything big. No bigger than a med-large folder, and a pocket clip to boot.

Guess which knife is next on my list? :)

gorgo2, wristwatchb, Troy M and 6 others like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet!
    And if you're gonna collect, you'll need one of those pocket knife stops like you made for me. ;)

wristwatchb and Drygulch like this.
  4. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Not really a "pocket" knife unless the pocket's awful deep...
    [​IMG]

wristwatchb, Troy M, GatorJoe and 6 others like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

At one time in my life I carried 3 knives on me, pocket, vest and belt. Now it's just one.

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

My new Knife 001.JPG
    Earlier in the thread I told the story of how my son lost my Buck 110 when he was in ROTC. Well, he got me a replacement. It was supposed to be a Father's Day present, but the engraver screwed the pooch. Instead it was an early Christmas present. Got a little dusty in the room when he gave it to me. The top pic is his unit crest and "1st Bn 5th Cav". The reverse is self explanatory.

My new Knife 002.JPG

7. PickledNorthern

I have worn a belt buckle knife for work, and general bumming around for five years ish (?) now. It isn't really for self defense, although that is how it is marketed, but I really do need a buckle to hold the two ends of my belt together, and I cannot tell you how many times it has come in handy. A Leatherman is sort of a two handed operation to get a blade out, sometimes digging into your pocket is more work than this little guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It takes a very good edge, but does not hold onto it especially well. For what I use it for though, mainly cutting packaging, baling twine, light duty stuff, it does just fine.

The knife is held onto the buckle by a fairly stout magnet. It is very easy to remove, but I have never had it fall off or catch and come loose or anything. Except for my Leatherman, of all the knives I own, this one probably gets the most use.

Puma, Drygulch, wristwatchb and 8 others like this.
  8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Is that a large mouth bass engraved on there!? That's a :signs021: knife!

9. PickledNorthern

Yes, it is. It is a little silver design that you can add on to the buckle if you want. I don't know what the rest of it is made out of, but you can over the years, the silver has sort of tarnished, and it stands out a bit more than it did when it was new.

I couldn't remember where I got it when I did the original post, but the place is called Bucklehead.

RyX and Robyflexx like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

Wow. I just looked at the site, and they have really gone up in price. I didn't pay nearly that for mine.

Robyflexx likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

RyX, Sara-s and Robyflexx like this.
  12. swarden43

Case 63090 SS
    20161226_103932.jpg

gorgo2, Drygulch, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  13. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    I bought this Uncle Henry in the fall of 1981 and still carry it. Blades are quite a bit smaller than they used to be.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I enjoyed an Uncle Henry of, if not the same, a similar type. Lost the knife, then couldn't find the warranty papers to get my free replacement. Good quality piece.

wristwatchb and twhite like this.
  15. RetLEO-07

Sharpening will do that.

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Beautiful!

PickledNorthern likes this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Over at my parents house today. My dad is giving my nephew and my son his knife collection.
    Here is my dad and his knives. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. swarden43

Very cool!

PickledNorthern and twhite like this.
  19. RetLEO-07

Damn! That is one very nice collection. Those are some very lucky young fellas.

PickledNorthern and twhite like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

They are. I watched them pick each one out. My dad had a story for each knife. Soo cool that the kids are able to get something from their grandfather while he is still here. They each also got a Winchester.

My dad did give me his prized pocket knife

A Cattaraugus from the late teens. It has a saber blade and swell bottom jack. Very clean knife. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    gorgo2, Drygulch, '65 G-Slim and 4 others like this.