Any Soap that has a Powdery Iris Scent, like Dior Homme?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I have a fragrance that I'm trying to find a decent shave soap to pair with. Midnight in Paris EDT is basically centered on two main notes - Iris (powdery scent) and Leather. Those are the main notes. There are several men's colognes that have a central Iris note. Dior Homme (or Dior Homme Intense), YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, Amouage Reflection Man and Prada L'Homme are all acceptable soap-scent pairings with this.

If anyone knows of a shave soap that has a dominant Iris note (or preferably Iris and Leather), or is based off of any of those colognes I listed, let me know. Otherwise I will need to use my resources for a custom soap.

I have already considered Van Yulay's "House of Dior" shave soap, but Van Yulay's soap base always has a coconut tinge to it (likely because of his soap ingredients) and he always scents his soaps 'lightly'. I like at least an average scent strength. Although as a last resort, Van Yulay is still workable because I think his shave soap performance is a 9.5 out of 10 (in other words, stellar and performs like a croap/cream).

I'm just more picky on scent than soap performance. A soap is acceptable as a 7 out of 10 performance if it 'nails' the scent I want.

2. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Maybe Penhaligon’s Sartorial?