Any Thoughts on the Parker 96R?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sodapopjones, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I like how it looks, has anyone actually tried it for an extended period of time and liked the new designs?... Also how is the craftsmanship, my 91R was poorly plated and aligned.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    No idea, but I like the look. Reminds me of something....... :think002 :D

3. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Reminds me of the short handled Gillette Super Adjustables.
    Or a Feather Popular. I want to try the Popular. If this Parker is good, I'd like to try one as well.

4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Went down to Penworks finally its been awhile, brought a razor blade with me which Tony thought was rather amusing and picked out one that aligned perfectly.

First thoughts, it looks good, feels good, the plating is meh but that's expected from Parker, is it a better alternative to ebay maybe!

I haven't personally tried the long handled Gillette's but I will say its heavier then the standard Gillette Super Speeds, even though the gap seems slightly larger than a 40's Super Speed, it offers a mild shave like one, with a nicely balanced long handle.

I plan on using it for a bit before I try my Timor I just recently purchased as well, after one shave though I don't think I would have a problem recommending others at least try it, be sure you find a vendor that has a decent return policy. *Not so as you can return a razor you used and disliked, but for the fact of Parker's QC issues, which hasn't improved IMO*

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]