Any Vapers in The House?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Redfisher, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I've been vaping on and off for about a year now. I wondered if anyone else was and what tools etc. you were using. Thanks for reading this.

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm cheap. Basic battery, small Kanger tank, Johnson Creek juice.

Joef and Redfisher like this.
  3. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Vaping here.

I started vaping only to encourage my son to switch from cigarettes to vapor. Both are simply delivery devices for nicotine. Vaping is much safer.

My adult son has developmental delays. Fortunately he is able enough to go out with friends for a drink, pool, and a smoke. Unfortunately he quickly became addicted to nicotine. The experiment is working. I use very low nicotine liquids and he uses higher nicotine liquids. Just like shave soaps, there are many scents and flavors. I keep him interested in vaping with exotic flavors. There is a local brick-and-mortar store for vaping supplies. They are honest, help him, and do not take advantage of him.

There are many store owners that take advantage of disabilities, short changing him, giving the wrong product, or extreme up-selling. Sad but true. If we learn of it, we go in, discuss the situation in very firm words, and resolve it. Then I post the store's name and behavior online. Oddly, two stores taking advantage have gone out of business. If they take advantage of the disabled, they generally give poor service to other customers.

Joef, Redfisher, Kamen Tenshi and 3 others like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

When I saw the title of the thread I thought "Mostly after eating Mexican food". :happy102: A few years ago my brother and I talked our mother into switching over and she really liked it. Unfortunately it was too late in her case and 50 some odd years of cigarettes had already done its damage and we lost her to cancer in 2012.

Redfisher and Kamen Tenshi like this.
  5. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

I have been vaping for 3 years, after 45 years of smoking. I have 4 Mechs, four RTAs and enjoy 4 Juices. The Mechs are a Roller, a Lab, a BCV Surfrider and a Kuro SS. The tanks are Orchids and Goblin Minis. I do have an Odin RDA for taste testing. I build all my own coils, as I am too cheap to spend 3 to 5 dollars for replaceable coils. All my builds are the same. 2.1mm, 26 gauge Kanthal A1, 9 wrap micro coil for a .45 to .5ohm build. I use Shizen Japanese Cotton, which is the cleanest cotton sheets I could find. My fours juices are 60/40 blend of Kiss My Vape Chris-Ps Cream/Crusty Apple, Uncle Junks Log Cabin Pink Meadow, South Bay's Finest Hermosa, and Daze Selfie Sunday.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Greg W.

Joef and PLANofMAN like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have more vape stuff than shaving stuff.

Lately I've been sticking with the ZNA A1, with a Kayfun lite plus tank on it. I tried all those fancy natural Japanese cottons for wicks, and came to the conclusion that the organic cotton balls from Walgreen's work just as well.

7. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

About five years ago my wife and I started vaping. Had been smoking for almost 30 years before that. We started with a pretty simple PEN type with automatic battery and acquired quite a lot of vaping stuff over the course of the next 2 years (EGO, Silver Bullet, GLV, things like that). Haven't touched a cigarette since - and even quit vaping for good in 2013, so I'm "clean" now. ;)

My wife still vapes though - she's got some Vision Spinner II batteries and Aspire Maxi Tanks, mixing juice herself.

8. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Redfisher likes this.
  9. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I've been doing for over 4 years now. I went from 28mg nicotine to 1mg....that's where I'm staying. According to my doctor, small doses of nicotine are actually good for brain health and since I can't eat a lot of veggies because of crohn's disease, that's where I get it from. Most people don't realize how much nicotine is in fresh veggies. I have too many devices to list, but my current favorite is my vt200 with a DNA 200 chip. Atop sits my uwell crown tank. I use to drip, but I just got lazy and don't like wrapping coils anymore.
    As for juice, I use to be one of the owners of Eden elixir. It was a small juice company that supplied local stores. I closed the website down, just too many regulations in each state to deal with.

Redfisher likes this.
  10. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

I had a buddy sneak his into my hospital room after my first hip replacement. Had some of that devil's lettuce mixed in I'm pretty sure. For medicinal purposes only of course.

But I digress. I do have a couple. What's it too ya? I need screens for the Volcano my youngest bequeathed to me...

Redfisher likes this.
  11. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

There are politics behind those, but I won't get into that. But the chemicals they speak of are definitely toxic when inhaled in high doses in powder form as was the case with the workers in the popcorn factories. I do have to say that anything besides clean air in your lungs is bad, but those chemicals in such minute doses, even if they exist anymore, are far "less harmful" than the hundreds of chemicals in cigarettes.
    Right now there isn't too much you can easily find about the positive things about vaping......for reasons that are political....but we don't do politics here.....which I am very thankful for. but most of the quality flavoring companies have changed their formulas so these chemical are slowly but surely disappearing from the Vape industry.
    Hope this helps and doesn't sound mean, I'm truly not trying to be. I have just done a ton of research and try to put what I have learned out there for people read.

txskimo and Redfisher like this.
  12. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm back and forth with this I've switched to a temp control mod (joy tech evic) and a Starre pro tank that works pretty well but still go back to regular smokes. As bad as the e cig may or may not be regular cigs are way worse. If I can get to the point where I only vape I would be better off I'm sure.

Joef likes this.
  13. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

mol
    No @Joef I don't consider it to be mean at all. You are simply stating an opinion. Like many things, science, long term, will prove who was right/wrong in regards to vaping. I just wish good health for you all as a former smoker AND nicotine addict! I will give kudos to the fact they do smell WAYYYY better than cigarettes.

14. 90quattrcoupe

I was part of a tasting group of juice makers here in CA, a little over 2 years ago, trying to find cotton that had no initial taste. We tried about 10 different cotton balls, from various places. The best cotton balls we found were Swisspers. Then we started looking at sheets of Japanese cotton, organic Japanese cotton, Pima cotton and etc., as we felt cotton sheets would be easier to use. Just cut a strip and pull it through the coils.

The best we found was Shizen Japanese Cotton sheets. Not well known, only sold by a few shops in the Long Beach CA. area, a store in Colorado and a couple of shops in Ohio. No internet site, as it is only wholesale. But now about 10 or 15 juice makers use this cotton, here in CA and in Ohio. The most well known of these juice makers is Villain Vapors. They even sell it in combo with Kanthal wire on their web site.

That is why I use it.

Greg W.

PLANofMAN and Joef like this.
  15. 90quattrcoupe

16. rbtek1

rbtek1 Active Member

Vaper here!! Been doing it since it came out. I run two drippers. Only bad experiences with tanks always leaking on me. Not to mention better flavor and fuller vape with dripper. Just a pain in the arse!

PLANofMAN and Joef like this.
  17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I believe in being well educated and informed on legal and health issues regarding e-cigarettes, and the tripe the media buys into sickens me sometimes.

...and don't get me started on the "quit or die" anti-vaping crowd.

18. rbtek1

rbtek1 Active Member

Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Redfisher, Joef and BigCabDaddy like this.
  19. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Any recommendation of hardware and otherwise for a strategy to help in cessation of long term cigarette smoking ?
    I'd like to help my dad stop smoking. Don't know if it's too late for him but would like to know that at the least I tried to aide him in a positive progression.

Redfisher likes this.
  20. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

It all depends on how much he smokes and what brand. It's never too late! My dad was 71 smoking 2 packs of lucky non filter since he was 15. He started with an ego style device with 22mg nicotine. It helped a little, but still had bad cravings. So I switched him to an aspire sub tank combo with 15mg. Worked! Gradually worked his way down in mg. After 8 months, he is cigarette and Vape free. He can now sleep through the night, walk up 2 flights of stairs without getting winded and his horrible cough is gone! If you need any advice at all, please hit me up....I'd be more than happy to help you out in any way I can. Finding a flavor is key. Try staying away from tobacco flavors, or start with it and switch away as soon as possible.

Redfisher, Red Rider and BigCabDaddy like this.