Any Vapers in The House?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Redfisher, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Our stories sound similar. He is a long term smoker from an early teen and smokes filtered cigarettes 1.5 packs per day. Will do some research on those products.

2. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

When I get off of work I'll look up some sites and get you some links with options. Once you pick one I'll be able to help you narrow down a good milligram to start with.

Red Rider likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Why?

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Tried it, made me cough. :eek:

5. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Staying away from tobacco flavors helps reduce the urge to smoke. Also, as you stop smoking, your taste buds come alive again....in a matter of speaking. So if your not tasting tobacco every day, a cigarette will start to taste extremely nasty. No chemical or health reasons.

6. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

That's a normal reaction when you first try it. Your lungs and mind are expecting smoke but getting vapor instead. Also, the way you inhale vapor is a little different than smoke, once you get use to it, the coughing stops.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I've tried some that did that. I'd suggest trying something different. If you have a vape shop in your area, try going there and hopefully they'll be able to assist you in finding something that works for you.

Red Rider likes this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    No intentions of a repeat usage. Not for me.

gorgo2 and Joef like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Not trying to talk you into anything but it could have been too high nicotine and/or the PG/VG mix made for a harsh throat hit, any of which factors would be a simple fix. If something as relatively mild as, say, a Blu cig hits you harsh then I'd agree, your body just doesn't like it.

I've had enough with my pen style units so I just got the Kanger Nebox. Took a few hours of adjustment to get the watts and temp set just right, but now it works great. The guy at the shop I buy all my stuff uses it and suggested I trade up to the square Kanger coil that he uses in his; said it performs much better than the stock coils. Anyway, it's a nice all in one unit with a MASSIVE tank, compared with what I'm used to.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    Joef likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Owner of a local shop gave me a sample load of one of Five Pawns very expensive juice. Not sure which one but the stuff is pretty nice. I couldn't afford the over $30 price and I tend to go with pretty plain pipe mimics, but it's nice to know some really fine and complex juices are out there now. Tried their PB and banana also...I got the banana and only a little of the PB.