Anyone ever see one of these in person?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bobby Mac, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Never seen one in person, but it's called the King oscillating razor. (If I remember correctly).

They are interesting, but useless, as they don't take regular DE blades.

4. Tiddle

Tiddle Member

Guess the whole vibrating, spinning, whirlie twirlin', gimmic of Gillette's is older than most actually think. :think002:Funny how nearly 60-65yrs later, it finally went mass market.

5. AKASL

AKASL Active Member

Cool and oscillating razor that doesn't need batteries! So simple a cave man could do it. :happy088:

6. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

I got a couple for cheap at a flea market.
    Interesting, but I wouldn't try to shave with one.

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It really needs a headlight and maybe a bike horn. ;)

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The Stahly Live Blade DE razor does the same thing, only you wind it up to make it work. It vibrates the head of the razor side to side. I have one and I've used it as intended, that is, I've wound it up; it doesn't impress me. I do like the head of this razor, though. The safety bars are not fixed but have a slight "floating" sensation that I really like. The handle is too fat for my liking so I just substitute the handle off my Fat Handle Tech and get excellent shaves.

9. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

The Stahly Live Blade DE razor is the way to go. With the fat handle and bottom weighting it takes a little getting used to. I will have to say that I get some really nice shaves with my Stahly.