Anyone ever sharpened a Rolls Razor?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by markjnewcomb, Feb 15, 2017.

1. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I have a Rolls Razor. I need to freshen the blade on it because it really is not shave-able at the moment.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any cautions or "gotcha's" on refreshing the blade. The blade is "hollow' and I am thinking I should just approach it as I would any straight.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

twhite, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah..I Have Honed Dozens of Rolls Blades..Use One Layer of Tape to Hone it..The Same as an SR..The One Layer of Tape Can Be Used to Strop it as Well on a Normal SR Strop..Leave a Bit of Tape Either Side Like Wings to Grab it to Flip it Over..I Don't Use the Rolls System to Hone or Maintain My Rolls Blade..I Hone & Strop Outwith the System..:eek:

The One Layer of Tape for Honing & Stropping Outwith the System Sets & Keeps the Bevel that is Compatible for the Rolls System if You Wish to Use it..Also..A Wee Tip..Finish on Paste..I Would Recommend about 20 Sets on Paste Using Slight Pressure..The Reason for the Slight Pressure is Because these Blades are Designed to Be Sharpened Using a Pressurized System..Thats About it..See this Thread of Mine..:happy088:
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...5dLFRWrgyBXBipDYyr6Jxg&bvm=bv.147134024,d.bGg

Billy..:chores016:

Smitbar, gssixgun, twhite and 2 others like this.
  3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Thanks. I just wanted to check before I started. BTW - nice thread.

twhite, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.