Anyone ever try British Sterling Reserve or Private Stock cologne?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by ninjack, Apr 13, 2017.

1. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I was wondering if any of you have tried the newer British Sterling colognes, Private Stock in the white bottle and Reserve in the black bottle? I really like both, got them at Walmart for $20 each. What other scents do they remind you of? Are they similar to other well known colognes? They smell like more expensive colognes in my opinion, whereas the original British Sterling cologne (which I also love) smells more like a cheaper one (which it is).

british sterling private stock.jpg
    british sterling reserve.jpg

2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Actually the "old" British Stirling was considered a top shelf "designer" if you will , cologne in the mid sixties when it was launched. It was owned by Spiedel, thus sold in jewelry stores. It was a very popular scent for men back in the 60's -70's.

3. ninjack

I never knew that, thanks. I remember my dad wearing it a lot back in the 80's. I have a few bottles of the cheaper stuff as well as the new Reserve and Private Stock. I think it's a classic.

Spyder likes this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Than
    Thanks for the thread, reminds me that I should pick up a bottle. I just won't bathe in it like I did when I was a testosterone filled teen :D

Paul Turner and ninjack like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried British Sterling many years ago. I wasn't crazy about it.

Spyder likes this.
  6. ninjack

The new stuff is pretty good IMHO. Doesn't smell anything like the original stuff.

Spyder and crackstar like this.
  7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ah ok.

Spyder and ninjack like this.
  8. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

I tried British Sterling many years ago, was not memorable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I thought there used to be a cologne called Private Stock. You wonder if British Sterling came up with the ol' "copycat" idea.

10. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

British Sterling by Speidel used to be my "another day, another night of getting lucky" cologne. :)