April 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Your plan for Arko Adustable April?

1. Use Arko - DUH!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Use an adjustable razor - DUH!!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Eat cookies. Lots and lots of cookies.

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Use a straight razor - maybe with Arko?

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. I'll shave whatever way I want, thank you very much Mr. Nosey!

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  6. Mail some new survey ideas to Cartel HQ - those guys are dragging us down!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Until all of the Enablers go away....

upload_2018-4-23_22-26-17.png

upload_2018-4-23_22-25-1.jpeg

FaceScraper, PLAla, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You could be right about that....

Yessss indeeed!!!

I really would kick this here Fuzzy feller out. Trouble all the way around you know.

You Sir are simple AWESOME!

sdguero, FaceScraper, PLAla and 9 others like this.
  3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

$15 each, but who's counting?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sdguero, RyX, Linuxguile and 10 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Speaking of Awesome.... When I got this 1915 pat date Kampfe/Star I hated the thing. Now gives great easy shaves. Paired it with Colgate Barbershop Soap and some Brisk AS for Menthol in my Monday.

[​IMG]

MR41, sdguero, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Nah. He's too entertaining. And a nice guy despite what anyone thinks. We just don't let on that we know that. Wouldn't want to embarrass the guy.

6. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

SOTD
    Karve Christopher Bradley C
    GSB 2
    Fendrihan Synthetic Tuxedo
    Proraso White Shave Soap
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue
    Proraso Blue AS Balm

Not a too terrible shave. This C plate is going to take some working on. It shaves smooth, but is considerable more aggressive than I'm used to. It's going to take some serious work on technique, to minimize the cuts and maximize the efficiency of the razor. I know ride the cap, but I can never tell when the cap is in contact with my skin. I just need to figure out what blade and soap to use to try to figure this thing out. I pretty sure the Vokshod will be the blade, or maybe Ladas. Maybe use the Haslinger Sheep milk soap. Got to figure out if this thing shave my upper neck and jawline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR41, sdguero, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Jason! It's not a failed shave if I learned something.

Yeah, too late on the Arko. If anyone even mentions they are getting low or shave gods forbid - they've never tried it? Bam! Their mailbox gets hit like a fat kid in a snowball fight. Should I admit I did enough googling to find two of those fancy Ruskie DEs for sale?

Funny thing is if you search for him, he's mentioned lots, but @Fuzzy hasn't logged in for over a year... Might draw him out with a Vargas redhead;)

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Our secret!!

That poor guy that signed up with that username. Probably abandoned it and went to something else..lol

sdguero, FaceScraper, RyX and 8 others like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Grab a cake of Williams and some Dollar Sto' Dorco blades. That will sort it all out!!

sdguero, FaceScraper, RyX and 9 others like this.
  10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I'd rate Stirling performance above Barbasol, but I'd rate Barbasol over TOBS. Barbasol is surprisingly slick when a little water is added IMO.

11. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

The idea is to start with the cap as your first point of contact with the razor -- touch down with the top of the razor with the handle sticking straight out if you have to. Then rotate down until the blade is also touching - barely - while the cap is still in contact. And that's your shaving angle. With a new razor, I go through this process all over again to find the best angle for that particular razor - and then repeat it with every stroke until I have the angle for that razor memorized and can go to it directly.

12. Screwtape

Oh well, a whopping $15 instead of $10 each for the minty new $150+ razors... That helps with the green-eyed jealousy over the score just soooo much... :)

13. Screwtape

14. Screwtape

Fortunately I just went and re-read that thread. Rick, IF Vlasta puts this into at least limited production, the brush handle WILL come with three separate threaded ferrules to hold three different interchangeable knots. At the moment though, the five prototypes he was offering (left over from the small run he had done at a machine shop to show potential manufacturers) only come with ONE ferrule each. So fittable with only one knot.

Phew! If it had come with three changeable ferrules, my NB'18 would be doomed. As it is, I can wait until a production version comes out with that option...

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am sure that any local machine shop could use the ferrule as a guide a quickly and cheaply make you a couple more.

16. Screwtape

You are not helping here, Fuzzy -- AT ALL! And once again, my NB'18 teeters on the brink...

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Don’t sweat it, and hold your ground. @Keithmax is going to send you something really over the top, fantastic from his den. That should tide you over for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18. PickledNorthern

Are they those Vlasta handles that were so expensive you needed a pound of freshly shat unicorn Skittles to buy one?

Don’t do it, Man.

19. PickledNorthern

20. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Day 153

Gem Clog Pruf
    Gem Stainless
    Semogue BC Texugo
    Trumpers Rose SC
    Superior 70

Took notice of a reaction again today to Trumper's Rose as well. It might be time for me to avoid rose outside of Soap Commander Love which doesn't seem to bother me at all.

MR41, sdguero, jtspartan and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.