Are my jacket's sleeves too long?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

It's fine, your arms are too short. Really though with any jacket the real test is when you raise your arms. Nothing worse than them being too short and having exposed skin in cold weather. I mean what is a jacket for but to keep you warm. If someone doesn't like your gear that's their problem.

Queen of Blades and RyX like this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

@RyX and @Redfisher are right. Raise your arms. The length of a properly fitted jacket or coat is based on when your arms are at least partially extended. There's a reason that people wore arm garters for their shirts. Another measure is to sit down, bend your arm, and put it on a table, like you're going to write. Is your sleeve in the way of your pen? The sleeve has to be long enough so that if you've moved it away from the resting position, it doesn't bind, yet still covers you to the wrist.

Redfisher likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

If your looking for an opinion, the sleeves are just fine.:happy088:

Redfisher likes this.
  4. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

Thanks everyone! Feel better about the jacket now :)

When I raise my arms it's all good. But when they are down and if I fully put them in a straight position down, the sleeves can go even beyond my 2nd knuckles the ones above the fingers.

I guess you are right, though. I am overthinking this way too much and it's just fine.

Sara-s likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It's not that style but I have an old ScotteVest tech jacket I wear at work. Bought a Large Tall, it fits okay (a little loose but more room for stuff in 2 dozen inside pockets) but sleeves are long. I undercuff them...roll them once or twice up under themselves, and that works fine. It's an unbuttoned sleeve, though, not sure how it would work with buttons or zippers. But personally, I think yours looks okay. Better than the alternative...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

Yep, I guess.

Unfortunately, the material mine is made of is sturdy and doesn't allow rolling them or rolling on their opaque.

Gonna wear it as it is.

Again, thanks everyone!

gorgo2, AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.