Are There Any Shaving Soaps You Could Use Everyday?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Weishi Warrior, Jan 22, 2013.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have several sandalwood soaps from different makers. None of them smell the same.

TSD Shop
    Muhle
    Art Of Shaving (AOS)
    Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS)
    Crabtree & Evelyn (C&E)

The only one of the above I doubt I would get again is the Muhle - just a bit on the sweet side, but that's me.

All of them create a very good lather, soooooooo.... it really comes down to your nose and what one you like the smell of. 'Course the only way to know is to buy every sandalwood brand you come across and try it for yourself! :signs136:

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I get a better shave with a soap myself, and I could use any of them every day if I had to, even Williams. I believe a lot of men since 1840 have.

3. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

4. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

5. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

Great review, thanks! The comments on that thread are also helpful.

6. Woodekt

Woodekt Well-Known Member

Cella
    Tabac
    MWF

And occasionally bounce to any other plethora of soaps I have in my closet.

Regardless, I do not hate any of them.

If I was on an island, and HAD to choose one it might be cella, but probably MWF.

7. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

And of course now my tastes have changed. I PIF'd my red and if I had to choose one now it would be Tabac. If there were only Tabac in the world, I'd be ok!

8. SKrotee

SKrotee Member

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna!

9. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Mama Bears.

10. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Well, I could use any of them, but the best performers would be Tabac, MWF, PdP, and D.R. Harris..Lavender.

11. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Ginger's Garden Jasmine Coffee is my current answer to the daily driver.

12. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Any Proraso product, even the ones without there name on it like Omega or Santa Novella.

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Either of those two I could certainly make my daily mainstays.
    For creams, I'm enjoying the MEM as well as the the Proraso Menthol.

Life is too short to just settle for one soap, however. Variety keeps the morning (or evening) routine FRESH and vibrant! :)

14. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I've become a soap guy. If I could only use one soap it'd be Arko or MWF. I love tallow based soaps the best. I started with a VDH glycerin puck, but it just doesn't give me that supreme feeling of cool refreshing radiance on my skin that tallow does.

I don't like variety myself, I like to keep my selection to a few products so my technique doesn't have to change that much. One small change in my kit can throw me off if I'm not careful. I now know Arko and MWF really well (the lather explodes into being). I just bought some TABAC to add to my den. I bet I'll love it.

:)

178-bplatoon and HolyRollah like this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

If you enjoy the other two you've listed, the Tabac will fit your routine nicely!

Leo K. likes this.
  16. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I use Arko almost everyday. It's so simple to use and works so well I almost ignore everything else. With a regular soap my wrist gets tired before the lather is even ready. When I'm not using Arko I use creams.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  17. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

I'm going to have to chime in and put a vote in for VDH soaps. I think my $2 VDH glycerin soap is superb and does the job nicely. And since it's so cheap, I feel like I'm getting a good deal with every shave. I mean, thats why most of us started wetshaving right...to save some moola...;) SHAVE ON!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  18. italianbreadman

italianbreadman New Member

I think this would probably be my choice, too, at my current level of shave education.

19. clk

clk Member

I would choose Van der Hagen DeLux melted and combined with a grated puck of Williams. Van der Williams Frankensoap has been my go to soap for the last 4 months, and it always provides a smooth, comfortable shave.

Richard Jackson and 178-bplatoon like this.
  20. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

I really get good shaves from Pyrates Cove soaps and Stirling Soaps.