Are they worth it?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by SRD, Feb 17, 2017.

1. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

I have started a daily facial routine and I am really enjoying it even at my ripe old age. My question is "are the high end facial cleaners, scrubs and lotions worth the difference in price?" I am presently using a twice a day face wash with Dove's Men Care Plus followed by a Neutrogena moisturizer and a Nivea face shrub to replace one of the twice daily facial cleanings 2-3 times a week. I have normal skin. I have been reading about the Brickell line of men's products and I am very interested in them. They are expensive and I have no issues spending the money if they are worth it. Anyone familiar with the Brickell products or have an opinion on the worth of the high dollar men's products? Thanks all.

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I could have sworn I saw a thread just like this on one of the British forums a few weeks ago.

SRD likes this.
  3. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

You may have and it was probably me.

beemers, RyX and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the brands you mentioned but I also have recently discovered facial masks. Both the wife and I have been using Aztec bentonite clay, you just add a bit of water and apply to the face. It is pretty cheap and a tub lasts a very long time. You could also get Kaolin or Rasoul clay from the health food store. It gives a nice tingling feeling and skin feels nice and refreshed afterwards.

SRD likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

a buddy of mine is trying the brickell products and said he likes them.i will ask him more when i see him.we play darts every couple of weeks.

beemers and SRD like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This is a great topic. Just last night my wife was dying her hair and put some clay like substance on her face, she turned to me and said..you want some? Nah, shower with a great body soap, great shaving soap, a very nice brush to apply it, sharp blade to remove whiskers and soap followed by a cold water rinse, Witch Hazel and aftershave and a superb moisturizing balm when needed.

7. brit

brit in a box

i am using a product called korres vetiver green tea and cedarwood aftershave balm.awesome stuff.that or nivea men cream once in a while.i m not keen on the greasy /sticky skin feel after a shave.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

"Is it worth it?" is so subjective. The only way to know is to try the product. If it does something for you that is significantly better than a cheaper product, I'd say that it's worth the expense. Ideally, I would want to get some samples so as to avoid wasting money if I do not like the product.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Samples helped me decide on my next Stirling lare-sized A.S.

Sara-s likes this.