Arko Shave Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 1OldGI, Feb 27, 2010.

1. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

After eyeballing this stuff for months I finally pulled the trigger this morning. I went big too. 15 sticks for $19.99 on Amazon (free shipping too). If Crackstar Jeff and Boyextraordinaire (where's he been lately?) say it's the poo, it must be so. I have a large prescription meds bottle prepped and waiting in the shave cave. Can't wait for it to get here.

2. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

Yeah Arko sticks are great, you can get a good creamy lather whit it.
    Also they are very cheap.

3. soopercat

soopercat New Member

I did the same, purchased 1 stick though with an order of Crystals. Testing begins tomorrow. I hope it's the "poo" for two dollars, it's almost as cost effective as JM Fraser's tubs.

Kind regards,

4. Griz

Griz Member

It is a good stick and I travel with mine all of the time.

Speaking of "Poo" the scent does remind me of a really fruity industrial bathroom spray. I don't mean that in a bad way, in fact I kinda like it, but the first time my wife and I smelled it, she immediately said " Toilet Mint!".

I use it and I like it. Lathers like crazy.

Will N.

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I find the Arko stick to perform great, but don't care for the scent. The scent is similar to Williams with a strong citronella note, so as a Williams fan it might be great for you. If I liked the scent I'd order the 15 stick box myself.

6. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

So what you're saying is, if I use the Arko and top it off with some Lilac Vegetal, I will have completed the entire men's room urinal cake milleau in one fall swoop :D But seriously, I get along fine with both Williams soap and Lilac Vegetal so I figured the big bulk buy was a reasonable gamble. Especially since most folks I've ever heard talk about Arko shave sticks have virtually nothing but good to say about it. Besides I was kinda looking for a citrusy summer soap.

7. soopercat

soopercat New Member

The scent is what I really like. Reminds me of a strong Ivory or something like that bar of soap from back in the day.

Kind regards,

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Excellent soap--I love everything about it.

9. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Member

The wasn't a gamble at all. You could sell them back on here at a reasonable price if you don't like them and get some money back probably every penny back and then have some to use.

I use it in my travel kit and it works fine

10. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I like the soap a lot and those looking for value for dollar can't do better than the Arko stick.I've tried many soaps and personally none actually beat Arko in performance, but of course YMMV. I mill two sticks into a large mug,it seems to perform better that way to me. Either a box of sticks for $20 or one DR Harris stick for $20 , I can't see a difference in performance between the two but one purchase will solve your soap needs for 8 years. The scent gourmets complain about the scent but as Soopercat says its just the ivory scent to me but stronger. Guys are hot for tallow and it is that as well.

Thank Eyvap for a good line of inexpensive shave products and feel grateful. But shavers are like this, if you give them heaven they complain about the clouds.:D

11. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

:sihns011

12. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

Nice.

I currently use the new arko creams and they are awesome. now I wanna try the shave stick.

13. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Arko is a first class shave soap, I like the scent. Infact you have just reminded me that I need to order some more as Im down to 12 sticks.

14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

This is easy. I got some, use it and love it. You will too

15. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

:think002

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

See? It's threads like this that make me glad I come here. I would have purchased Arko only to be disappointed in the scent. I just don't care for citronella. Reminds me too much of skeeter candles.

17. crackstar

Some guys love the performance, but hate the scent, others love everything about it, like me. Others hate eveything about it.

18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

The only people I've heard say they hate everything about it were the very small number (I think I recall two) who had allergic reactions. The only soap I've found that IMHO outperforms Arko is MWF. I even debated with myself if the scent was worth putting up with for the performance and price. Ultimately SWMBO told how much she hates the scent and my decision was made. I'm amaze such an inexpensive soap can perform with the best. Maybe the popularity will encourage Arko to offer the soap in another scent.

19. crackstar

My wife is indifferent about the scent. I tried MWF only once, and I thought the lather and everything else about it was even better than Arko, but it gave me a terrible rash. (I have very sensitive skin) With Arko, I have no skin problems at all, and I love the scent so much. But, as the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. :)

20. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

For my next trick I roll in on MWF and Tabac (probably the end of the summer). Damn enablers! :D