Art of Shaving Bourbon Amber Cologne

Discussion in 'Scents' started by bscarpenter, Jun 26, 2017.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I stopped by my local AoS with my wife this weekend to test out the recently released Bourbon Amber Cologne. I sprayed some on my left arm. It is a deep rich scent. It starts boozy, leathery, spicy scent. The base notes are very similar to their Oud Suede cologne. My wife was in love. However, I already own a small bottle of the Oud Suede and thought maybe it was too similar.

I decided to walk around the mall with my wife to let it dry down before making a decision. I also sprayed some Oud Suede on my right arm on my way out of the store. After 1/2hr, I found the boozy top note of the B A had really tamed down and was not too noticeable and after the dry down, the scents were very similar. I figured my wife would decide the same and I would be passing on the Bourbon Amber. The difference between the two at that point was that the Bourbon Amber was a little sweeter and spicier than the Oud and the Oud was a little more woody.

Go figure, my wife said that she loved the Bourbon Amber and back I went for the small bottle. I ended the day showering, shaving, & finishing off with B A and a glass of Makers Mark. That combo really hit the spot all the way around. I was happy and so was my wife ;)

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just remember to wear the BA and drink the Maker's Mark. Mixing this up could be ... unpleasant.

AGHisBBS and Keithmax like this.
  3. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Got it. Drink from the big bottle and spritz from the small bottle.

AGHisBBS, Keithmax and richgem like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Nice review.