Art of Shaving

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by sparky5693, Dec 25, 2007.

1. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Yes :rofl:rofl:rofl

thats if you haven't blacked out after paying those prices for a razor!!!:eek:

2. Brigadier

Brigadier New Member

Yeah, they sure are proud of those, aren't they?

3. BD1970

BD1970 New Member

I have their Lavender shaving soap & Sandalwood cream...love'em both. One was a gift & the other was half price off ebay.

4. greychamp

greychamp New Member

My introduction to shave soaps and creams was with AoS. At that time, I was unaware of the huge variety of soaps available. (It was before I discovered B&B, ShaveMy Face and The Shave Den.) I am using AoS Lavender soap and cream right now. I am away from home for 2 1/2 months and I brought them with me to use them up. I find both the soap and cream to be slick and moisturizing, but I don't think they're worth the $. For less money, you can get Tabac or L'Occitaine CADE which cost less and do as well. In my opinion, the best triple milled soap is Mitchell's Wool Fat. The initial investment costs more than AoS soap, but refills do not. Just my $0.02.

5. greychamp

greychamp New Member

Wet Shaver Extraordinaire

My introduction to shave soaps and creams was with AoS. At that time, I was unaware of the huge variety of soaps available. (It was before I discovered B&B, ShaveMy Face and The Shave Den.) I am using AoS Lavender soap and cream right now. I am away from home for 2 1/2 months and I brought them with me to use them up. I find both the soap and cream to be slick and moisturizing, but I don't think they're worth the $. For less money, you can get Tabac or L'Occitaine CADE which cost less and do as well. In my opinion, the best triple milled soap is Mitchell's Wool Fat. The initial investment costs more than AoS soap, but refills do not. Just my $0.02.

6. Looks to me like you put in .04 cents worth ::

7. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

.04 CENTS, that's cheap ;)

8. Im a cheap date

9. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

The trout smell? :rolleyes:

10. ? Fresh trout doesnt smell besides I practice Catch and Release most of the time ::

I have enjoyed AofS over the years. It was my first introduction to the finer life of shaving via a wonderful former girlfriend buying me a nice set of cream, oil, and brush.

Lee

11. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Be sure to keep a few when I come around with a case of beer though!

12. No worries mate - Johan - you may be alright !

Cheers !