Artisan Soap Shoppe: Lime Mint

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Michael_W, May 3, 2018.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I used this the other night for my shave with the synthetic brush I got from @Linuxguile . (Thanks again, by the way!) I don't know if it's the soap, the brush, or the amount of water I used, but the lather I got with this had volume! Wow. It was also nice and slick.

My only complaint with it is that, absent any menthol to generate a cool sensation on my skin, the citrus had a sort of—not even close to burning, but I definitely felt the citrus effect. Compared to the Dr. Jon's, which does have added menthol, this just felt noticeably harsher on my skin.

Just my own thoughts. As always, your mileage may vary.

Paul Turner, RyX and PLAla like this.
  2. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Thank you Michael_W for the review. So many good soaps out there and this sounds like another one. I really appreciate that you took the time to give us your thoughts.

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Essential Oils - the distilled concentrated product used to add scent to perfumes, aftershaves, and soap may cause you irritation. Lime oil in particular is know to intensify the effects of sunlight damage to the skin. Doesn't stop me from liking the scent, or using products that have it as an ingredient. As an experiment you can apply the product to the inside of your elbow, the crook of your arm. Rub some on and leave it. If your body doesn't like it you will know.

Michael_W and john zeiger like this.