ASCO Orange

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by bald as, Mar 11, 2015.

1. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

Yesterday I shaved with an Astra SP at 2 1/2 in my Progress and it gave a very good shave however the blade did feel a touch rough on my face. I purchased a 100 packet of Orange ASCO, I didn't know what to expect with the ASCO so set the razor on 2 1/2 again on the Progress and started the shave. Well it didn't seem rough or tuggy but it did feel almost like it was an old blade. I don't mean by that it was blunt, far from it in fact. Just the way it felt on my skin. I'm glad I persevered because I adjust the razor up to 3 and it was like there was a totally different blade in the razor. It cut really well, good audible feedback and no tugging. No bleeding, no weepers and a comfortable face. At the cost for 100 blades I'm happy to get 2 nice shaves which may be less than the real capacity of the blade but still only about 8 cents per shave.

I have a reasonably tough beard and a very sensitive skin and this blade "seems" a nice balance.

I'm very glad I had the adjustable razor because in this case it seems to have extracted the best potential from the blade for me, of course YMMV.

Steve

2. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

As you said YMMV. Thanks for posting your review.

3. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

I have had a similar experience in a slim. Can't remember the blade I was using, but on 4 or 5 it was tuggy and harsh. Cranked the razor up to 9 and it was smooth as silk. If I did not know better I'd swear someone had switched the blade out.