Astra SP's

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigT, Dec 26, 2013.

1. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I've always used local blades until this morning. My Daughter was kind enough to give me some Astra SP's for Christmas. I put one in my Schick Krona this morning and gave it a try. All I can say is WOW! Got a very nice shave. These blades are much sharper than the Wilkies I normally use and work very well with my Schick. Going to try them in each of my other razors over the next couple weeks. I've read many post from other members about how much they love Astra's and I now I can agree.

Daytonkb, BamaT, 178-bplatoon and 2 others like this.
  2. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

When I started a few months ago.....I bought a 100 pack of them.......picked a winner as I had not used anything beforehand and did not have a clue. They are great!!

BamaT, BigT and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Astra SP's have always been good to me. Let us know how they work in other razors.

BigT and 2grubswrestle1 like this.
  4. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

The Astra SP is still one of my go to blades. I like it alot!

BigT likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Work great in every DE I own.

BamaT, BigT and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Best buy ever, they work great in everything I tried them in and they are among the cheapest blades out there

BigT likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I have roughly 1100 of them in case of Shavepocalypse. I guess I like them. :ashamed001:

8. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

I find the Astra SPs to be sharp yet mild.

BigT likes this.
  9. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Might be worth stocking up. I bought a few hundred when they were under $9/100 on Amazon last year. They're about $11.50 now. Personna Labs are about the same price (I like them too though). They're good blades. I think they're an especially good blade in a Gillette TTO.

BigT likes this.
  10. richgem

head over to bestshave.net before you buy. they are in turkey, but ship fast and have good prices on astras.

$8.49 / 100. just play with your shipping options to get the best deal on shipping.

macaronus, BigT and feeltheburn like this.
  11. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Astra SPs are certainly one of my favorites.

BigT likes this.
  12. Shamrock

Shamrock Active Member

I'm working through testing multiple blades right now, but I know the Astra SP was a really nice shave for me - very smooth and mild. Might have to grab some from the bestshave.net site based on their minimal cost; thanks for the heads up richgem.

BigT and richgem like this.
  13. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Just as with everything YMMV. I tried them and thought they were pretty mediocre. Still usable but not something I'd buy again. The Labs on the other hand...

BamaT likes this.
  14. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I'm planning on trying the Labs next.

15. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

I can send you a few I have plenty of them.

BigT likes this.
  16. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

The labs are also on my favorites list, along with Ladas. I also like Fred's store brand. They're made in US, so they would have to be Personnas as well.

fram773 likes this.
  17. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I'd love to try some.

18. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I also have a stockpile of Astra SP's(300+) from when they were under $9 on amazon...I've recently gotten some Personna Viking's Sword blades from an ebay seller "Liorfe" from Israel and although the VS are a tiny bit more expensive than the Astra's I find them even smoother and possibly sharper than the Astra's...
    I.M.O. if you like he Astra SP's, a pack of Viking's Sword are worth a try.....:)

BigT likes this.
  19. richgem

300+? Pffft. That''s not a stockpile. More like a sample pack, if you ask me. :innocent

Correction: roughly 1300 of them. (Not counting the open box that I'm currently using.)

BamaT and BigT like this.
  20. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

Shamrock likes this.