ASTRA Superior Platinum

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rafen, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Rafen

Rafen Member

Today was the first day I used these and all I can say is Wow! These are a huge improvement over the Merkur blades that I was using. I had another great shave with very little irritation. I will be using these for a couple more days until I get the Feather blades a chance.

asleep2shave and alpla444 like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

A rusty beer can is a vast improvement over Merkur blades. :D

But, Astras are awesome in a box. Glad you like them.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If you like Astras, you will probably love Feathers.:D and I disagree with Richard, I think a rusty, bent, Chinese made butter knife is an improvement over Merkur blades; after all, you might actually be able to shave with a rusty beer can.

alpla444 likes this.
  4. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I just debuted the Astras last night and I agree....nice blade and we will see how many shaves I get.

alpla444 likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

When I first discovered them I dug them too....I also really liked the Astra SS-stainless...maybe more in many ways depending on the razor of course.....But Astras don't work in my Senator Period....The OC TTO prefers a diet of the sharper type blades....

alpla444 likes this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I stand corrected. :D

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Astra SPs are now the only blade I buy in bulk.

alpla444 and richgem like this.
  8. Rafen

Rafen Member

I'm going to use these for a couple more days then step up to the Feathers and see which is better.

9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Feathers are better. Better for you? I don't know, but Feathers are superior to Astras in every way but one. You'll probably get a few more shaves out of an Astra blade. Feathers get dull so fast.:(

10. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I'm not a fan of Feather blades, but I have gained recent appreciation for Astras.

11. uk_HBer

uk_HBer Well-Known Member

the perfect blade in my '11R41... ;)

12. Rafen

Rafen Member

Used this blade again today and it was perfect no irritation and had a much closer shave than what I had been getting. My neck is the only thing that isn't BBS.