ASTRA Superior Platinum

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rafen, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Rafen

Rafen Member

Today was the first day I used these and all I can say is Wow! These are a huge improvement over the Merkur blades that I was using. I had another great shave with very little irritation. I will be using these for a couple more days until I get the Feather blades a chance.
    asleep2shave and alpla444 like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

A rusty beer can is a vast improvement over Merkur blades. :D

But, Astras are awesome in a box. Glad you like them.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN COTQ Instigator

Article Team
    If you like Astras, you will probably love Feathers.:D and I disagree with Richard, I think a rusty, bent, Chinese made butter knife is an improvement over Merkur blades; after all, you might actually be able to shave with a rusty beer can.
    alpla444 likes this.
  4. ChrisC1977

ChrisC1977 Well-Known Member

I just debuted the Astras last night and I agree....nice blade and we will see how many shaves I get.
    alpla444 likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

When I first discovered them I dug them too....I also really liked the Astra SS-stainless...maybe more in many ways depending on the razor of course.....But Astras don't work in my Senator Period....The OC TTO prefers a diet of the sharper type blades....
    alpla444 likes this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I stand corrected. :D
    PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."© Staff Member

Astra SPs are now the only blade I buy in bulk.
    alpla444 and richgem like this.
  8. Rafen

Rafen Member

I'm going to use these for a couple more days then step up to the Feathers and see which is better.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN COTQ Instigator

Article Team
    Feathers are better. Better for you? I don't know, but Feathers are superior to Astras in every way but one. You'll probably get a few more shaves out of an Astra blade. Feathers get dull so fast.:(
  10. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I'm not a fan of Feather blades, but I have gained recent appreciation for Astras.
  11. uk_HBer

uk_HBer Well-Known Member

the perfect blade in my '11R41... ;)
  12. Rafen

Rafen Member

Used this blade again today and it was perfect no irritation and had a much closer shave than what I had been getting. My neck is the only thing that isn't BBS.