Astra Superiors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JayKay, Jan 10, 2009.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Somebody posted a link the other day about a beauty supply site that had astra superiors for sale. They were 100 for $20 shipped. I cant find the link anywhere and need to go order some! Whos got that link??

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

3. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I lucked out not too long ago where someone on "that other" forum ordered the 1000 pack, and sold them in 100 blade - or less - increments, and got an even better deal with shipping.

4. JayKay

Wooohoooo!!! Thanks Erik! Ill go order me some!

And even if they were cheap, I refuse to support anybody at "that" forum or anything to do with it.

5. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

yeah, I got mine across the street as well...great blades

6. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

7. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Are they really that good? How do they stand up to Feathers or Derby's?

8. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

They have also become my favorite blade. As others have said, they seem to have a very nice balance of sharpness and smoothness. I prefer them to Derbys by a long shot - Derbys didn't seem to last as long for me, and I didn't get as smooth of a shave. Feathers were just too sharp for me. I never managed a nick-free shave with a Feather.

PM me your address and I'll send you a couple to try out. I'm stocked up for a while.

9. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

They are a very close rival to Feathers for sharpness, but alot smoother!! The longevity is impressive also. I have a week and a half on the same blade, or course, I hand strop it every morning too........

10. mezz524

mezz524 New Member

ChemErik
    thanks for the site was just going to buy these
    great price
    thanks

11. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I think I need to talk to justbeautysupplies.com about a commission ;)

12. JayKay

Derbys are butter knives. Feathers are hatchets. Astras are scalpels.

13. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Thanks Dr. Mike for the kind offer. PM sent.

14. Drew

Drew Member

I gotta give these blades a try at some point... just too many glowing reviews for me to ignore any more. I've only tried 3 different kinds of blades, so I have a lot of work to do :eek:

BTW: I'm new here, so I hope I can get away with this question... but which is the "other" forum? SMF or B&B?

best
    Drew

15. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I've never heard anything bad said about SMF.

16. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Yes, Dr.Mike is cool like that...

as are most people here I'm finding... :happy088

how do the astras compare to the 7 O'Clock yellows (SharpEdge) or blacks (Super Platinum)?

17. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I find the Astras similar to the 7 O'Clock yellows in my SuperSpeed and Knack, though the Astras are just every so slightly smoother. In the Fatboy, the Astras are far smoother. Sharpness is about the same. I've never tried the blacks.

18. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Thanks ChemErik. Maybe I'll try them out sometime. I've been very happy with the yellows, and I think I like the blacks a little better. It's only been a few shaves, so the jury's still out....

19. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Yes. Yes, maybe you will try them out sometime. Maybe even sometime very soon. Possibly even by the end of next week.;)

20. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

If you are wondering, I DID pay him to say that.:D