Avon aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by gregkw1, Mar 14, 2016.

1. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever tried the Deep Woods Avon aftershave and could you briefly describe that or pick something to compare it to thanks Greg

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It's very good. Less sweet smelling than Avon Spicy. I don't have anything to compare it to.
    I like Avon Spicy, Deep Woods, and Wild Country. All very nice. The wife likes them all. ;)
    The only one I don't care for is Tai Winds.
    Just buy all, they are inexpensive, on EBay. It seems people selling this stuff on Etsy seems to charge a bit more, for shipping.

3. DaltonGang

It's all a personal thing. Some like one and not the other. The easiest way to try all, inexpensively, is to find someone selling a bunch, and see if they will combine shipping.
    I bought up a lot of Avon Spicy, and a few other Avons, because it's so good, plentiful, and inexpensive. Avon hasnt received the exposure that Shulton Old Spice has, yet, and is still plentiful.

4. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Deep woods and Wild Country are pretty close to me. I prefer Blend 7 and Cool Sage, which have less powder/barbershop hit to my nose. There's a thread about which Avon scents match other makers, I'll look for it.

Carbide Mike, SuperChris and gorgo2 like this.
  5. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

6. gregkw1

Wow I read all the posts very interesting I guess eventually I'm going to have to try them all. If anybody has any of the avons to get rid of I'm all ears

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Honestly, I haven't met an Avon AS scent that I disliked. I love Tai Winds ;)

Carbide Mike likes this.
  8. gregkw1

I definitely do not like anything sweet which one's should I stay away from

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My daughter has to do her first wild animal shoebox diorama, you know the ones, and chose the elephant. We were on our way to Hobby Lobby where they sell neat little plastic replicas when we stopped by an antique store I hadn't seen since I moved here. Found nothing, just like last time, but did come by the Majestic Elephant (very well sculpted) full of Wild Country. She wondered if that elephant (at least 2x the size of the ones I'd intended) would work. Yeah, it would, so I got it, decanted it and am now wearing WC. Still not very impressed, even if the original version is better than the current oversweetened stuff.

Said elephant:

[​IMG]

However, a booth had the silver plated Rolls Royce full of Oland, which I'd not smelled in some time. Took a sniff...same odd, pungent but intriguing opening note. But for the first time in many Oland samplings, the drydown was different. Still like Aramis, but not entirely...not merely pleasantly wearable but actually GOOD. And I mean GOOD! If the car didn't cost $15 I would have bought it.

battle.munky and ob1page like this.
  11. gregkw1

Funny I just found in a thrift store the anvil...full..with old country
    And...the pipe...full 3.99 & 4.99 think I'll go back and get them

gorgo2 likes this.
  12. DaltonGang

I just tried some Avon Brisk Spice. Awesome Sulton Old Spice smell.

gorgo2 likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep.

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried Wild Country which I thought smelled decent.

15. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Deep Woods is supposed to be akin to Polo Green. Can't say I remember what polo smells like, but I love Deep Woods.

16. gregkw1

I finally got some and it's a very nice scent

Carbide Mike likes this.
  17. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Oland is my favorite.
    Deep Woods is #2
    Wild Country #3.

There is an abundance of WC here in my area, the others, not so much.

gorgo2 likes this.
  18. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

Blend 7 is in my top two with Avon, the other is Island Lime. They also seem to be the hardest for me to find. I see Spicy and Deep Woods at all the antique shops I frequent but have only found Blend 7 once. I have never scored any Island Lime in the wild.

gorgo2 likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

I've never heard of Blend 7. What does it smell like?

20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Been using Avon Black Suede after shave conditioner for a while and gotta say it has a pleasant scent to it. Brisk Spice will be the next one I try.

Carbide Mike likes this.