AXE Denim Cream - not bad at all!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Darkbulb, May 12, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Tried out a cream that I'd had sitting on my shelf for months - the Axe Denim shaving cream.

[​IMG]
    Now, I remember having used Axe body spray some 1-2 decades ago but I wouldn't be able to pick out the scent so I have no idea if this cream smells like other Axe products or not.

It's called "Denim" and the scent is actually rather nice. It's a very 'clean' citrus scent. Not overpowering but enough to notice. I could see this being a very nice summer scent.

Not being used to doing videos at all..here is a terrabad one of me lathing up the cream a bit in my Becker scuttle...

The lather actually ended up being very nice - thick and with great lasting power - it really worked well with my SE razor that scooped up all the lather and kept it in place.

[​IMG]
    I did feel pretty moisturized as well after the shave.
    All in all a pleasant surprise.

So maybe not a high end product but one that I think I will go back to quite a few times this summer for it's clean, crisp citrus smell, great lather and post-shave feel.

crackstar and Adonis like this.
  2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Interesting, I didn't realize Axe made a latherable cream like that.

crackstar likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This isn't our kids Axe. I like Axe's shaving products and face washes.

Darkbulb and crackstar like this.
  4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

This is really interesting.

crackstar likes this.
  5. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Did you find this in a local shop or get it on line? I've never seen it before and would really like to give it a try.

crackstar likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I actually got it as part of a PIF here a few months ago and never got to this tube until now.
    Used it again this morning and I gotta say it's pretty good stuff - love the 'clean scent' and the lather is very nice.

crackstar and BigT like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

They do seem to sell it on line at a number of places such as Ebay for $5, free shipping (package looks different but I assume it may be the same product).

The exact same tube as the one I got from Troy M seems to only be available on Indian sites for some reason.

crackstar and BigT like this.
  8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Glad it is working for you! I have another tube, from a PIF I received. Will give it a spin soon.

crackstar and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Mr. Shaverman

That seller's also overseas. It shows Free shipping from outside the US. I couldn't find where they were from, but looking at the other products they sell they may be from India. They've got some good prices on a lot of interesting things too.

crackstar likes this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That may explain why I've never seen this product on the shelves here :)

Mr. Shaverman and crackstar like this.
  11. Mr. Shaverman

I'm tempted to order it and some other stuff from that seller.

crackstar likes this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hmm, didn't notice all the other stuff he's selling.. The Godrej is supposed to be good..hmm..and there's Palmolive...hmm..

:)

crackstar likes this.
  13. DaveTheHeaf

DaveTheHeaf New Member

Nice to see an unusual product like that.

crackstar likes this.
  14. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I had no idea. Looks cool.

I still can't find the Axe® breath mints.

15. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Well I don't need that shaving cream, but I want some.

Yehuda D and crackstar like this.
  16. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Isn't that the bane of our hobby though? We really do not need so many razors, creams, soaps, aftershaves, pre-shaves, mugs , brushes, etc but we want them. A few of each is fine but not when you have, say 40 Razors.

crackstar and Ryan B like this.
  17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Three years later I'm proud to say that I used this monstrosity a few times and I gave it away to a friend of mine. He said the scent was nice whereas I thought it was horrible. We both agreed that the lather was good. I found it kind of lacking in skincare but my friend said it was moisturizing and protective. A real case of YMMV.

Linuxguile and Troy M like this.
  18. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

lolllllllll If I knew you wanted it I would have been honored to send you the frigging tube. The guy I gave it to enjoyed it a lot but then again he enjoys almost everything he gets from me!

19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Their commercials were so "effective" (over here) that even the logo makes me cringe. It may be a good cream, but I never want to see that in my bathroom.

20. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about getting a tube. I like citrus scents.

I really liked the original 'neon green' Axe body wash (don't recall the name. They've gone through six or seven other 'green' ones since then) My biggest beef with AXE is that they refuse to keep any particular product for more than one to two years, then they throw it away and go with something else. So unless you buy a huge stock, you'll never be able to get the same flavour regularly. The last 10 years? I haven't found any that smelled like something I wanted on my body.