Baby butt smooth shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by white_feather, Oct 25, 2012.

1. I'm with you, 178; BBS is a rare bird for me, too, but once in a while the planets will align, all is right with the world (at least my small slice of it...) and I will accomplish the "TFA" (Truly F****** Awesome...) shave-- a click below BBS, but not worth getting lathered back up to chase a mini-sized 400 grit patch around the corner of my jaw or something...

Fishsticks87 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  2. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

I man's reach should exceed his grasp; or what's a heaven for?

There's always something to strive for.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  3. puros_bran

puros_bran Active Member

If you guys are that into baby butts let me let you in on a secret.. all it takes is a willing partner and nine months. :eek:

I've always considered BBS as smooth in every direction on the entire shave area.

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

I would think that its in all directions also. However, with that said, I agree with others that a balance of DFS and no irritation makes me a happy man!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  5. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I know this is an old thread, but is a BBS attainable with just wtg passes?

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I can maybe see atg.....but wtg....I don't think my face would allow it. I tried 2 passes wtg, but on the second pass, almost no sound..and no stubble in the sink after a rinse.

8. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I have gotten BBS results on my cheeks with a single XTG pass using an extremely sharp straight razor. (North to south is XTG on my cheek), but I have to do a WTG, XTG, ATG, plus a little touch up j-hooking and blade buffing with a DE to get a true BBS on my jaw and neck area.

Billyfergie and Joef like this.
  9. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I'll shave and feel my face after i put the aftershave and Ill say it's a BBS, then I'll have my second cup of coffee feel again and there it is. a tinny spot that I missed. Do I go back upstairs and touch up? NO. I don't consider a shave is a BBS unless it's smooth all over like a baby butt.

10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

In all directions as mentioned above...Once I learned how to map my growth patterns an all over (all directions ) BBS is not hard for me to achieve without a hint of any irritation. ..I only shave every 2 or 3 days and I normally use Crazy sharp blades and very efficient injector SE shaving systems..I have a cast iron whiskers as well..;)

Billy..:chores016:

Robyflexx and Joef like this.
  11. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

Agree with the above, I'll only consider I've achieved BBS when it's smooth in every direction (in my case never below the jaw line). And like Tallships, I can usually find something later that I missed or seems to have regrown within minutes. I live with it until next time.

Regards,
    Chris

Robyflexx and youngunn like this.
  12. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I've gotten BBS from jawline up with 2 pass WTG XTG. Now jawline down is just a mess, and requires at least 3 passes.

Robyflexx, chrisbd and CyanideMetal like this.
  13. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

I still can't go ATG on the neck without creating carnage. I try again occasionally and it reminds me why I stopped.

Regards,
    Chris

impetus, Robyflexx and youngunn like this.
  14. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Yeah I have to do it JUST right otherwise it creates problems.

chrisbd likes this.
  15. Tallships

This morning while having second coffee, felt face and no missed spots, Hmmm guess I got the perfect BBS. I guess shaving ATG all these years has made my face less sensitive.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Either that or your technique has been perfected.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

congrats for the zero misses. Certainly a good streak to keep alive.

18. Tallships

Usually happens on rainy days or when not much to do and I take my good ole time, maybe its not just having less sensitive skin but more attention to what I like to do

chrisbd and Billyfergie like this.
  19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

All my kids liked to go ATG. Thank heavens their all grown up now.

macaronus and wristwatchb like this.
  20. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

To not feel any stubble, absolutely smooth, one must have shaved the whisker to below skin level. Sounds like a great way to encourage ingrown hairs and infections. Making matters worse is the fact that shaving with hot water swells the skin so having a BBS after applying cold water and aftershave means the hair tip is well below the skin surface.