Baby butt smooth shave

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by white_feather, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Yes it is true that my technique my cause problems for some. Each of us have different levels of sensitivity. I guess if we were all the same life would be pretty boring.
    Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. Maybe half the time I get a BBS, that means to me absolutely no missed spots, even tiny ones. Except when I was a teenager with a not so bad acne, I never got a ingrown hairs or an infection. It might be possible that after a hot face soak, shave. Then a cold splash, then a Alcohol, Witch Hazel based aftershave may have helped.
    Just as an example. I have a friend that is well into his 70's that when he shaved, he would have problems with his face, he tried Straights, DE's, SE's, Carts, using proper technique with each. different soaps etc. even went to a Dermatologist. He finally gave up and years wares a full well groomed beard.
    Each of us have different facial sensitivity. One may have to use a special unscented soap and another might be able to use a hash soap like Lava (not recommended) to shave with, some are susceptible to ingrowns and others are not.
    Denis