Baili BD-177 TTO

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Recklesstr, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

This razor has a good finishing with a heavy body (67 g) which is very similar to Gillette Red Tip. It's not a mild or an aggressive razor. It's somewhere in the middle of it. It shaves closer than weishi razors. I purchased it online and received a perfect TTO, it doesn't have any issues. It has an excellent butterfly mechanism and holds the blade secure and even.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Baili is made by Weishi. I have a tech type Baili, which is a really good shaver. The case alone is worth the price:)

3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Can, it sure is a beautiful razor! Thank you so much for your review and the wonderful pictures, they are lovely. :)

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Are you sure about that? The Weishi razors I've seen all have bowtie style end caps, very distinctive. This looks like better quality construction to me.

I'm not saying Weishi didn't make it, I'm just saying that it doesn't look like most of the more commonly seen Weishi razors.

5. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful razor.

6. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

And I just realized that the case has an "HD lens" and "grade fabric".

And to think, I've been satisfied shaving with a simple SD lens.

AGHisBBS and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

My Baili three piece said somewhere " Baili made by Weishi care" I'll have to dig out the box to verify.

8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Beautiful razor!:happy088: What vendor did you get it from?

9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Did you know..."Wei Shi" means "Consciousness-Only" in Chinese? It's not relevant, but interesting anyways.

Edit: I don't think I looked up the correct definition of Baili. It's probably based on one of the variations that means "one in a hundred" or "Sharp and dull." ...but I thought it was funny. :p

bái lì
    dysentery characterized by white mucous stool, white diarrhea

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016