Bar Soap vs Body Wash Showdown

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Hoss304, Aug 20, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Stirling bath bars for me. I never bought in to the body wash thing...

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For hand-washing, Block Bar Soap(although I've come to like Stirling's Bath Soap for that, as well).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  3. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

I can't remember where I picked it up but I've been using Irish Spring Moisture Blast. It's the best lathering one yet. Nearly rivals shave soaps . Excellent bar soap .

4. DE Cartman

DE Cartman Well-Known Member

It is not available where I live. Edited to add that I was at the dermatologist because I have Psoriasis really bad on my hands.

5. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I had a patch of what I'm sure was Psoriasis on my calf, the itching and flaking were driving me crazy. By chance I used a hydrating soap called CeraVe left behind by one of my daughters. It was a god send for me. Stopped the itching almost immediately when I used it in the shower. It took weeks of using everyday but the spot went away and hasn't come back. I keep a bottle at all times now. Daily use of Stirling bath soaps is an awesome way to keep dry flaking skin at bay too, it healed thick flaking skin on my elbows. I'd highly recommend trying them.

DE Cartman likes this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Really? It is literally "everywhere" and dirt cheap. But with psoriasis it probably is too harsh indeed.

DE Cartman likes this.
  7. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Plus body wash doesn't build up soap scum in the shower like bar soap does. Most of the commercial bar soaps are actually detergents, and are very drying to the skin.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Hoss304

Since doing this post I've tried most drug store bar soap . Even tried a few of the more expensive triple milled , charcoal , various brands. At the end of the day I still prefer body wash. One reason being that no matter how I try to store bar soaps in shower they get soggy. I even bought individual soap holders that suction cup to the wall. Body wash is best for me. Currently using one called Everyone's Soap for men .

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I'm a bar soap guy.

I tried a couple of body washes and they dried out my skin.

Bar soaps that I like to use are:

Stirling
    Speick
    Sudsy Soapery

10. sanjana123

sanjana123 New Member

Hey, I think you should go for bar soaps instead of body wash as they are comparatively more long-lasting. I've been using a handmade body soap from Nyassa bath and body products as it is made from natural ingredients and exfoliates my skin keeping it soft. It also has nice floral fragrance that lingers all day.

11. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

You all should try Dr. Bronner's great story and honestly I never felt so clean. This stuff is great. https://www.drbronner.com/

12. Rebyah

Rebyah New Member

Just received the Stirling Barbershop shampoo bar and it is great to use. The scent last about 2 days for me I noticed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    PickledNorthern likes this.
  13. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I really like the shampoo bars.

14. Rebyah

Rebyah New Member

I just tried the Executive Man bar soap and love it to. So does the wife.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I keep my bar soap on the counter by the sink in it's open plastic dish so it can dry. I don't store it in the shower. I still use body wash too, mainly during the work week when I need a quick shower in the morning.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

16. HealthyWaysss

HealthyWaysss New Member

Nivea is a best choice.

17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Yardley Almond scented soap & equate( generic Aveno) skin calming body wash with colloidal oatmeal.

18. SparrowPoint

SparrowPoint Active Member

Bar soap my whole life...Have been using Zest since they quit making Lifebouy

19. Hoss304

I bought up a few Nivea gift sets after Christmas .I'm set for a few months .

20. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I use Castelbel soap or Savon de Marseille liquid for the shower - it's SLS free. I use Savon de Marseille liquid or Savon de Marseille, English Yardley or Bronnley for hand soaps.
    I use Waitrose Glycerin soap prior to shaving.

I suffer from Rosacea, Psoriasis, Eczema, Folliculitis and Dermatitis .
    Soaps and aftershave do burn when my Rosacea is severe, but generally I don't have any problems using the above. Savon de Marseille liquid is very moisturizing.