Barbaros & Rocnel "B&R" Adjustable Review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by scott.ostermille, Nov 11, 2016.

?

After watching this, would you consider buying the B&R?

1. Absolutely

10.7%
  2. Probably

7.1%
  3. Eh...

10.7%
  4. Probably Not

28.6%
  5. No way

42.9%
  1. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I like the concept of the spring loaded floating head on this razor, but I would be leary of how well the spring over long term use being compacted for long periods. I think it would be great in the short term but the price point keeps it out of my reach unfortunately. I think it is a great looking razor, potenially well designed, but I would like to hear reviews from someone who has had it for a few years. With new razors this is impossible which it why I consult revies about vintage razorsvery carefully before making a purchase now.

To @Darkbulb and @Shaver X - Gentlemen, How about we take this discussion outside and into a private conversation. I was more interested in hearing peoples opinions of the razor itself than your hijack into semantics.

Thank you and have a nice holidays

Shaver X, Carbide Mike and Screwtape like this.
  2. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

This razor was finally released fairly recently and it's already sold out. I only see a version with the razor stand for sale and it retails at $300.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

That appears to be the only version available.

In the longterm, I suspect the one weak point in the design may be the concern that Misphit raised - the design relies on constant spring pressure to keep the head at the correct blade gap, and the spring is under constant tension which will in time compress and weaken it. I would want the razor to come with a couple spare springs of the right size...

Misphit and Demidog like this.
  4. theunnamed

theunnamed Well-Known Member

It comes with an extra spring and screw.

Carbide Mike likes this.