Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Those old Schicks are perfect for Barbasol, with the wide gap and open head for an easy rinse. Love it!

whiteboy_cannon and AGHisBBS like this.
  3. EzraCobb

Absolutely! ZERO issue with "clogging" or whatever. I could see a DE like a slim or fat boy having clog issues - but not with the Type E.
    I can tell you my wife was happy I cut my shave time in half.. It was a great shave and I was mowing those whiskers down - it was my fifth Type E shave and first with no blood. Barbasol worked great and better than ever, I always used it with these triple blade carts so of course there was clogging as I did not rinse all the time back than.

Its a dilemma - I have all these great artisan soaps and European tubed creams - enough to last a Decade or so? but my brain wants to reach to the barbasol can that cost 1.97 at walmart (the yellow can was a 5 buck online purchase - there hard to find)

thanks

4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

5. Bama Samurai

6. Bama Samurai

Barbasol has its own unique place. When you need good consistent lather, like when hurried or testing a new razor, the $2 can is your friend.

7. Bama Samurai

8. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Bama Samurai

8 March

[​IMG]

EzraCobb, Leo K. and AGHisBBS like this.
  10. EzraCobb

awesome, love you sotds, u have ure own signature style

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Thank you so much!

EzraCobb likes this.
  12. Bama Samurai

13. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. EzraCobb

sotn
    injector type G 8
    [​IMG]

15. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

HEB's carries Barbasol...I'm thinking of picking up a can when I do my grocery shopping tomorrow. What would you fellas recommend? Looking at the store's website, they appear to carry all they different kind y'all been using. I'm thinking the aloe, since I have fairly sensitive skin, and would like something with little or no fragrance. What say ye, gents?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've used Aloe and thought it was OK, but only used it in the drier seasons. Will go back to the red one(Original)as we approach spring.

AGHisBBS and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Since CVS was like three minutes closer to home, I figured it was worth the extra buck I paid to avoid the traffic & crowd. They also have Original in stock, too.
    [​IMG]

Edit: This was my first shave with canned cream in more years than I can remember. '46 Ranger hydrid & a Voskhod blade. No clogging issues at all. But it seemed rather dry; I was tempted to throw some water on my face as I was shaving. But afterwards, it gave me a pretty close shave. I'll need to work with it some more, I reckon.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Leo K., AGHisBBS and Bama Samurai like this.
  18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I use the Original. I've been looking for the tubed Barbasol too, but no luck.

19. EzraCobb

the purple can has lots of moisture for me, i make sure my is dripping wet before i apply the barbasol by hand ... great stuff, i used it for many years befor the brush... glad its back in my rotation.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I want to find the Mountain Scent one.