Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave! DSCF1508.JPG

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice choices! Now, let's see who takes home the coveted Barbasol Championship trophy(Golf)today.

ilts likes this.
  3. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Thank You!

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Today's Barbasol Shave DSCF1557.JPG

5. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Hi Barbasol Brothers and Sisters! Great Arctic Chill shave this evening, "lathered" it up some with a tiny bit of water in my local auto mechanic labeled coffee mug with a brush from Sally Beauty...not a fancy thing but feels great. Razor was my British made Ever Ready model 1912. Finished up he whole "chill" thing with Lucky Tiger toner as an after shave, and, seriously, a very cold A&W root beer! Life is good!

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD 08142017.gif
    I managed to combine an Inspired Shave, A Focused Shave, a Menthol Monday, and almost forgot to post in The Big B Brotherhood thread.
    Picked up a $1.79 bottle of Brisk. It smells green!

ilts, Ijustmissedthe50s and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

I can't find the aftershave anywhere ! Been looking for it so I can do a complete !BARBASOL! shave .

RyX and ilts like this.
  8. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

I'm really starting to like the orange. I can't really put my finger on the scent but I like it. This one seems to be pretty slick, I can go over spots by just rubbing on some water and I get enough protection.

RyX, ilts and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  9. Masonjarjar

I don't know what my grandfather used in the 70's but I used to sneak into the bathroom and spray some on my hands just to get that scent and it lasted for hours. Heavy medicine/menthol. It was probably some kind of Noxzema that's been outlawed in the United States these days! :rolleyes:

ilts and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Walmart, Kroger, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Big Lots? I'm on the South Coast and most stores stock 3 or 4 different creams and at least one AS. There's a list of store to check HERE.

11. LSUfanBR

LSUfanBR Well-Known Member

I always shave with Barbasol Soothing Aloe lathered in a bowl with my Badger Brush. I alternate between using my vintage Gillette Contour razor, and my new stainless steel Mach 3 razor, the Pruner, from Tactile Turn and Will Hodges.

IMG_0191.JPG

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Hoss304, RyX, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  12. Masonjarjar

I had that exact razor, (Atra in the states) same black stripes. Lost it somewhere along the way but I used it for over 20 years. Using Trac II these days, with Mach3 on occasion.

ilts and LSUfanBR like this.
  13. LSUfanBR

I found my Contour on Ebay last year. The guy had it listed as an Atra but it says Contour under the head.

ilts likes this.
  14. Hoss304

I have all of those stores . I'm in West Virginia. Nowhere has the aftershave that I've found. The cream and even razors are on most store shelves .

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

My brother and two nephews live near Charleston. I'll ask them and let you know.
    Have you walked into a "Ladies Beauty Supply" store? Several near me stock some or all the Pinaud, Osage Rub by Jeris (which I think is made by Pinaud) plus Masters products.

16. Hoss304

Yes I've been to Sally's lol. I have a ton of different aftershaves . This Barbasol is my unicorn. I look in every store I visit.

Kilgore Trout and RyX like this.
  17. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I can find it consistently at Aldi's.

Hoss304 likes this.
  18. LSUfanBR

I always shave with Barbasol, but I'll have to give their aftershave a try!

ilts likes this.
  19. LSUfanBR

ilts likes this.
  20. Hoss304

HSOTN - SOTN - Goatee goo[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

ilts, AGHisBBS and LSUfanBR like this.