Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

One of at least four versions of Barbasol's non-floating head design licensed to, or at least produced by other manufacturers. This razor is unbranded, but the design of the cast handle pegs it as a Cooper, date unknown. Quite finicky about angle but if you hold to that angle an effective shaver. Good three pass BBS beard and head shave. Permasharp blade.[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

sdguero, Bama Samurai, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well..it was time to put away the Original Shave Cream for now, but the Mtn. Blast is still aroud-I figure to feature that one this fall when I'm in a cream mood.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave DSCF1620.JPG

4. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Is it just me or does anyone else detect a hint of sandalwood in the Sensitive (Orange can) version? It reminds me slightly of AOS Sandalwood scent. Maybe it's just the sweetness of it. Maybe it's just me trying to make sense of the scent. I'd like to hear Barbasol's explanation of their scent choices for the various versions. I still like Yellow the best in regards to scent.

EnglishChannel, Bama Samurai and ilts like this.
  5. Masonjarjar

Here we go, for the Sensitive/Orange: "Barbasol Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream is specially formulated with aloe, thyme, papaya and willow bark and a light fragrance to hydrate and protect sensitive skin."

That makes sense I guess.

Bama Samurai and ilts like this.
  6. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Today's Barbasol Shave DSCF1633.JPG

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My second Stoylin A.S. sample will be Mountain Man. What better cream to use for that than Barbasol Mtn. Blast?? :)

8. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

For most of the forty years of my teenage and adult life as a shaver I used a canned shave foam, cream, or gel. Typically, I'd go with the cheapest variety around.... along with the least expensive cartridge razor. I often used Barbasol shave creams because they were reasonably priced. Once I found wet shaving and my dislike for shaving turned into an enjoyable hobby I stayed away from the canned stuff, including Barbasol. I have been amazed there are a lot of fans of Barbasol shave creams amongst the members of TSD so I had to take a step back and reconsider this issue. I still had a can or two of Barbasol under the sink, but it wasn't until this morning when I stopped at a grocery store I noticed they had Pacific Rush and I decided I was going to buy it and use today! I have hunted for the Pacific Rush AS for months but no one has it here. I can find the Brisk AS, but the Pacific Rush flavor eludes me. So at least, I was going to try the shave cream. I bought the can. I went home and shaved with it. I even lathered it up with a badger brush (also a first for me). I enjoyed it. I'll include Barbasol creams in my rotation. Thanks guys.

9.3.2017.jpg

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS, RyX and 3 others like this.
  9. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

I enjoy a good DE wet shave as much as the next guy but ... I'm growing rather fond of the new Barbasol disposables. In shower shave with my anti fog mirror that fogs up like crazy. A dab of the Barbasol and a rinse keeps it fog free! [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

10. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

While I will never go back to the canned cream, I recently bought Barbasol Brisk, and it's a fantastic aftershave!

RyX, sdguero, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Monday and Saturday [​IMG]

12. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

13. Masonjarjar

I still don't get the whole brush-with-canned cream thing. I normally use a can when I don't have time for lathering cream or soap. I'll try it for kicks but it seems counter intuitive :)

14. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I really don't use Barbasol from a can as a Time saver, etc. I still take the tge time to do a two or three pass shave. I find that canned cream dries out a little more than I want it to before I get all the way through a pass, so adding water and the brush helps. In my case, that lather seems to soften up my whiskers more...don't know why, maybe helps surround each one a lil better. Thirdly, lol, I'm loyal to my Barbasol and just enjoy my shave more if I use that method. I don't know about counterintuitive conditions, but that's why it works fantastic for me and all of my vintage razors. Go barbasol lol!

RyX, sdguero, ilts and 5 others like this.
  15. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

Tech with new Derby blade. Finally found the aftershave ! [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

RyX, sdguero, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

After readig this thread, I had to buy another can of Barbasol green (aloe). Great shave with it this morning!

EnglishChannel, RyX, sdguero and 3 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Most forum members have no idea! It just gets dismissed, but has never let me down!

RyX, sdguero, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Do I detect a hint of heresy? Kidding.... but shouldn't that be a can of Barbasol instead of KMF? I mean, nothing against KMF....

Ijustmissedthe50s and jmudrick like this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Fair enough, next time. The rest of the family are Barbo-heads, there's no shortage of the stuff in the house..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

14 September [​IMG]

RyX, EnglishChannel, ilts and 4 others like this.