Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

If I had a red flag I'd challenge that ruling. If great men hadn't been willing to try something new we wouldn't have such things as Post-It Notes, Silly Putty, Potato Chips, Penicillin, or the all important Slinky. If Cognac doesn't go with Diet Coke, maybe it'll be better with Diet Dr. Pepper. Be open to new things, my friend! ;)

:happy097:

:happy102:

Hmmmm.... yeah, that's it. The Cremo was asking me to molest it, so I used the Barbasol to improve it. Yes, that is my defense. :angelic007:

Paul Turner and AGHisBBS like this.
  2. sdguero

Shave #8 10.22.2017

Pre-shave: shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can
    Brush: Omega Hi-Brush, Synthetic
    Razor: Gillette Gold Fat Handle Tech
    Blade: Derby (3)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Walgreen's Cooling AS

Took a quick shower and applied the shave cream by brush. I used a golf-ball sized dollop as usual and tried to bowl lather it. Initially it worked well, but I needed to add a small dollop to complete the 2nd pass, and a clean-up for the neck. So far, after 8 shaves this travel size can has not shown any signs that it is about to stop. Had a pleasant, close, comfortable shave with the Gillette Tech and Derby blade. Hope all had a good weekend!
    IMG_1475.JPG

3. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I guess it's supposed to have a Sandalwood type scent.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

4. sdguero

That's what it smells like to me. Enjoy it.
    Dan

5. sdguero

Shave #9 10.23.2017

Pre-shave: hot water & Shave Secret
    Shave cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Schick (2)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Cooling Post Shave Balm, Skin Bracer

Just a face shave today. Only used a single golf ball size dollop for 2 passes. Still going strong with this can so far. Easy, comfortable and smooth. Have a great day, everyone!
    IMG_1480.JPG

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

None for you, Paul. Your rebellious attitude toward the Williams keeps us young.

7. Bama Samurai

You can pack it in now. There aren't any "better" safety razors. See you on the dark side...

sdguero likes this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I like the Sensitive Skin formula's scent too....Bully! Very nice...But then...so far I have totally enjoyed all the scents used by Barbasol that I have tried so far.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, that's right :). That's two times the thing didn't work for me. Now let's see about this Colgate soap, the PIF. Excited to be once again doing a Colgate shaving item, but I won't be disappointed if things don't go well.

sdguero and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Glad I could help out!!

sdguero likes this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Sensitive is a nice scent. They all are, really. .

Ijustmissedthe50s and sdguero like this.
  12. sdguero

Wha... wha... what??? He molests Williams and gets a pat on the back? I molest Barbasol for the sake of scientific knowledge and I'm penalized? :angry017:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  13. sdguero

That is a magnificent shaver!

I'm close to the dark side... even acquired my first vintage SR last week. But I have a lot to learn about SRs before I dare take it for a test run.

14. Bama Samurai

You posted adulterated Barbasol on my fan club thread. Don't lead with your chin.

Carry on.

AGHisBBS and sdguero like this.
  15. sdguero

I understand now. ;)
    Forgive me... :pri:

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

I am just having fun with an old TSD catchphrase.

Bird Lives and sdguero like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

And it worked!....cats are laughing on both sides of the street...:happy097:

sdguero and Bama Samurai like this.
  18. sdguero

SOTD 10.24.2017

Face Shave:
    Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Schick (3)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, Pinaud Musk cologne

Head Shave:
    Pre-shave: same
    Shave Cream: CO Bigelow
    Razor: Gem Micromatic OC
    Blade: Gem Blue Star (2nd or 3rd use)
    Post-shave: same

In keeping with the experiment I only used the Barbasol for the face shave this morning. Again I used a golf ball sized dollop and that got me through 2 full passes for a very smooth shave. It was and is very satisfying. I hope everyone is enjoying a fantastic shave today!
    IMG_1490.JPG

19. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Arctic Chill today for my first totally cold water shave. Fantastic experience all the way around. My British Model 1912 Ever Ready with a Ted Pella never lets me down...just like Barbasol! Happy shaving!

Bama Samurai, sdguero and ilts like this.
  20. sdguero

SOTD 10.25.2017

Face Shave:
    Pre-shave: Hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can (#11) http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Razor: Probak OC
    Blade: Derby Extra (4)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 AS Balm, Aqua Velva Musk AS / Cologne

Head Shave:
    Pre-shave: same
    Shave Soap: VDH Deluxe soap puck
    Brush: VDH boar
    Razor: Pal Injector
    Blade: Schick (2nd or 3rd I think)
    Post-shave: same

In keeping with my experiment on the Barbasol travel size can I again only used it on the face shave so it's not doing double duty on one day, i.e. a face and head shave. Besides, I want to keep some of my other shave products in rotation. Once again I was able to use only a single golf ball sized dollop to shave my face, including the 2nd pass and clean-up on the neck area.

Did yard work this morning. I think this may be the last day I will have to mow the lawn. Although it's supposed to get to a high of 80 degrees Fahrenheit today (26 C), tomorrow the high will be about 40 degrees cooler and there's a slight chance of snow late in the day. Time to get the snow shovels ready!

For the face shave I did my usual 2 passes, and a clean-up pass on the neck area. I am very impressed with this Probak razor.

I took out the Pal injector to handle the head shave and it performed admirably. The only hiccup to an otherwise fine shave today was a cut to the back of my neck. I knew I hit something with the razor, twice. I didn't think too much at first about it but when I re-lathered my scalp for a 2nd pass I saw some blood on the brush. I finished up the shave and had to get some help from the wife because I could not tell what I had done. She said I cut open a blemish and also had a minor cut near it. She gave me some first aid, and made it all better.

Have a great day, everyone!
    IMG_1506.JPG