Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Shave #12 10.26.2017

Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Razor: Gillette Gold Tech
    Blade: Derby (5)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, Skin Bracer AS

Face shave only this morning. It was a quick 2 pass shave, close and comfortable. This is shave #12 on this little travel can... it's still going strong. A single golf-ball sized dollop applied by hand was all I needed for the shave. No clean-up pass needed. I hope everyone is having a great day!
    IMG_1512.JPG

2. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

28a2em9.jpg
    Tried something new today on a whim...whipped up a mixture of Arctic Chill and Cooling Cremo. A wonderful feeling, high gloss, slick, skin hydrating lather resulted! I apologized to the Barbasol can for mixing it, but I feel forgiven. That's Barbasol for ya. Happy shaving!

ilts and sdguero like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Here you go!

sdguero and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

http://theshaveden.com/forums/index.php?posts/1333944

5. sdguero

SOTD 10.27.2017

Face Shave:
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Razor: Merkur 1904 OC
    Blade: Personna Red (1)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, P&G Old Spice AS

Head Shave:
    Pre-shave: same
    Shave soap: VDH Luxury
    Brush: RazoRock Synthetic
    Razor: same
    Blade: same
    Post-shave: same

This was Shave #13 with this travel size can of Barbasol. This can has not started "wheezing" or "spitting" yet thus showing evidence it's about to give up. I'm still only using it for face shaves, which by the way was an excellent shave with this Merkur razor and new Personna blade. Maybe not perfect BBS, but very close.

The head shave was equally good. I enjoy the VDH Luxury. It was my first shave puck after all and it continues to provide me with excellent results. Have a great weekend, everyone!
    IMG_1529.JPG

6. Bama Samurai

7. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 10/28/17 DSCF1853.JPG

8. sdguero

Shave #14 10.28.2017

Pre-shave: Hot water
    Shave cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Schick (3)

Very late shave today. My wife hosted a baby shower for a niece today. Being the dutiful husband I am, I helped her get the house ready then I disappeared for the day. That is... I left. I did go on a hunt and found somethings but I'll post that in the next day or two.

As far as this shave went it was great! I can declare I achieved BBS this time around. Usually, I have trouble with the neck stubble but I got it this time!

As I have been doing for this experiment I used a golf ball sized dollop which provided me with enough to do two complete passes and some touch-up on the neck.
    IMG_1531.JPG

9. sdguero

Shave #15 10.29.2017

Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin Travel Size Can
    Razor: Gem Micromatic OC
    Blade: Gem Blue Star (3rd or 4th use)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, Family Dollar Spice AS

I have no idea how much longer this travel size can of Barbasol is going to last. This is shave #15 and it still hasn't showed signs it is about to give up. I still only used a single golf ball sized dollop to complete a successful shave. I watched the Minnesota / Cleveland game this morning then took a quick shower and then shaved. It was a DFS too. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    sotd 10.29.2017 2.jpg

10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thought any red-blooded Barbasol lover would dig this:

11. Bama Samurai

That's like going to soap church!

12. Bama Samurai

13. sdguero

Shave #16 10.30.2017

Razor: Schick Krona
    Blade: Personna Red (2)

Another late in the day shave after taking care of grunge chores at the mother's-in-law house. I came home, cracked open a beer and enjoyed a nice shower and shave. Of course, I'm still working through this travel size can of Barbasol. I again used a golf ball sized dollop, which I've found during this experiment is enough to provide me with enough lather for 2 complete passes, and some extra for clean-up details. I've mentioned this before, but I'll reiterate that I really like the scent of the Sensitive Skin. I identify it as a Sandalwood scent.

As to my razor, I opted for my second Schick Krona, a recent acquisition and first-time to use in a shave. While I liked my first Schick Krona (which has a silver TTO knob), I always found it a little "aggressive" and usually ended up with a little bit of blood spilled. This Schick Krona, however, was a pleasure to shave with. This razor didn't draw any blood and left me with a CCS.
    IMG_1548.JPG

14. sdguero

Shave #17 10.31.2017

Razor: Schick Krona
    Blade: Personna Red (3)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, Barbasol Brisk AS

When I started this experiment to find out how many shaves would a travel size can shave... or something like that... I really thought we'd be finished by the end of October. Afterall, the travel size deodorants and tooth paste tubes I've used do not last nearly as long. Well, we're still going strong with this Barbasol can. Another golf ball sized dollop was all I needed today. Although this can is clearly feeling lighter in weight now, it hasn't give me any of the obvious clues it's about to throw in the towel, e.g. spitting, sputtering or wheezing. Starting tomorrow, I'm not doing face shaves in November. I have promised my wife for many years that when I retired I would grow a beard. She loves facial hair and beards. I retired at the end of June. I let it grow for a couple of weeks in July, then started shaving except for my chin area. Then the itching got so bad, I negotiated and she agreed to wait until November. So, November will be No-Face Shave-November for me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to do head shaves during November, at least a couple of times a week. So, I'll continue with the experiment as we move into November. Yet, with head shaves I may need more shave cream than a single golf ball sized dollop. So, my plan is to continue to use a single golf ball sized dollop from this travel size can. If I need more cream because of the greater shave "acreage" of my scalp then I'll augment with a back-up can of Barbasol. In this way I can control the amount of product is used from the experimental can and ultimately determine how many face shaves the travel size can will provide.

Finally, the only way to describe today's shave is SMOOTH.... The Krona, loaded with the Personna, performed well. The Barbasol shave cream continues to provide a slick layer of protection for 2 complete passes and touch-ups. Very satisfied with a close, comfortable shave.

Happy Halloween, everyone!
    IMG_1554.JPG

15. sdguero

Shave #18 11.01.2017

Head Shave Only:
    (augmented with Barbasol Soothing Aloe)
    Razor: Schick Krona, metal silver knob
    Blade: Personna (4)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Gillette AS Gel, Gillette Cool Wave AS

I'm letting my beard grow this month so no face shaves... unless the itching gets so bad that I beg my wife to allow me to shave. Since this travel can is still in the game, I'll continue to use it for head shaves.
    I again used only a golf-ball sized dollop from the travel can to start out, which I have found is plenty enough product to protect my face during 2 complete passes and some clean-up. This was plenty to lather my entire scalp and provide protection for that first pass. However, as I suspected, I found I needed more for an additional pass and clean-up. So, I called for back-up and the Barbasol Soothing Aloe arrived to lend support.
    I pulled out my first Schick Krona and loaded with the Personna blade I've been using this week I had a very close, comfortable shave. I did nick my scalp slightly but that was completely my fault. I got careless for a split second... but that's all it takes. Have a great month everyone!
    IMG_1569.JPG

16. sdguero

Shave #19 11.2.2017

Head Shave:
    Shave Cream: :bath:Some content may not be suitable for everyone. Discretion is advised.
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...el-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/page-2
    Razor: Schick G1
    Blade: Chinese Schick (5)
    Post-shave: Dickinson WH, Afta Fresh AS Skin Conditioner, Aqua Velva AS

Let's move along folks. Go on about your business, nothing to see here. Or is there? ;)
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...el-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/page-2

IMG_1586.JPG

Ijustmissedthe50s, AGHisBBS and ilts like this.
  17. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

Sorry I haven't been around for a while fellow Barbasol Brothers . I got a mysterious bump on my neck that I couldn't get rid of . I went to shaving with a beard trimmer for a while to give it time to heal . I'm technically not supposed to shave with a razor due to a blood clot and the medicine (blood thinners) I have to take for it. I find that a hard rule to follow. Anyways, October seemed to fly by and the bump lasted nearly all month . It's gone for the most part now but as of Nov. 1 it's officially NO SHAVE NOVEMBER for me . Last year I made it 16 days , this year I'm going for the full month if I can. I can't grow a full beard. I'm part Apache ( a patchy here a patchy there) lol . At 35yrs old one would think by now I could grow one . I'll post the first shave when and if I ditch out on no shave. Maybe even some pics of the beard attempt this year. Cheers!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Here's This Weeks Barbasol Shave 11/03/17 DSCF1880.JPG

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I find that Barbasol works with almost any aftershave. One exception might be Arctic Chill with Aqua Velva-those would cancel each other out, I'd think.

20. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Personally I love pairing the Arctic Chill up with a menthol AS...usually Skin Bracer these days or Barbasol Brisk!

Although cold weather is coming! My Menthol shaves might be living on borrowed time...}8^((