Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

?

ilts likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Hey guys.... I will be reading along, but am doing a 30 Day rule with the gang for November with my Arko Challenge. Come December One... It's back to the can....

AGHisBBS, sdguero and ilts like this.
  3. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Shave #23 11.10.2017
    Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...el-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/page-2
    Razor: Ming Shi 2000s aka Futur Clone
    Blade: Wilkinson-Sword (1)
    Post-shave: Thayer's WH, Nivea PS Balm, Skin Bracer

Again, I'm only doing head shaves this month, but not everyday. I continued to use a single golf-ball sized dollop from this travel can, which normally is enough for me to do a face shave. On a face shave I can get away with a single dollop (2 passes and a little clean-up). But doing a head shave requires more lather, so I augmented with a big can of Barbasol Sensitive Skin. I used another golf-ball sized dollop from the big can so I could do a second pass with some clean-up considering the issues I had to slow down with this new razor.

I received this razor in the mail a week ago today, and my original intent was to wait to use when I start on face shaves again. I couldn't wait.... but, I should've waited. Brand new-razor-to-me and trying to do head shaves wasn't the greatest idea. I had trouble finding the right angle to shave, especially shaving the back of my head. I started out with the setting at 1/2. Then I moved it to 1. Then I moved it to 3. I just went slow and carefully and ultimately got a DFS without any injuries. I knew better. I've never shaved my head with a razor without first getting comfortable with in on face shaves. I really like the razor. I think it will be a favorite of mine, but the weight and design and figuring out the correct adjustment is different from what I'm used to and I should've been patient. Live and learn.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
    IMG_1630.JPG

AGHisBBS and ilts like this.
  4. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 11/11/17 DSCF1913.JPG

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS and sdguero like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yesterday I discovered my first Walmart Supercenter....
    I found the purple Extra Moisturising Formula Barbasol! Grabbed it!

I believe this one and the Yellow Can are the only two cans with Lanolin, correct me if I'm wrong.
    And it's got aloe and vitamin E...I've been dying to find out if this will leave my face feeling softer and smoother with all these goodies....

Naaahhh....LOL! It's great! But not any better than the Original, IMHO!
    I think they all leave my skin feeling about the same level of GREAT! And I mean that in the best possible way!

My advice for those not familier with Barbasol...Is what Bama first said...Just pick your favorite scent...all the creams are great! This is very true!

I think maybe the Original might be a hair thicker than the rest...but they are all thick...and my personal favorite is whichever the store has on its shelf...If I have the choice....then either Arctic Chill or the Original....After that, to tell you they truth, I like all the ones I've tried....Pacific, Aloe, Extra Moisturizing, Sensitive Skin, Original, and Arctic Chill....lol!

Yeah...I went on a Safari.....Even with all these cans...when my Original runs out I will replace it...I wouldn't want to be without it!

6. Sammy1

Sammy1 Active Member

Quick question about your Stetson AS, I notice it has a white cloudy look to it, is that the way you got it? I bought a bottle of Stetson AS and when I took it out of the box is had that same look to it, I got mine at a rummage sale. Mine is a liquid not a balm.

7. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

It's The A/S Lotion

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What I meant is...if I tried Barbasol's Artic Chill, followed by Aqua Velva, it might be hard to tell which one felt coldest.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. sdguero

Shave #26 11.16.2017

Head Shave Only:
    Pre-shave: hot shower
    Shave Cream: Barbasol Sensitive Skin travel size can http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...m-travel-can-experiment-sensitive-skin.57755/
    Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
    Razor: Gillette Tech
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
    Post-shave: Assured WH (Dollar Tree), Nivea Sensitive PS Balm, British Sterling AS, British Sterling Cologne

Now, every time I pick up this Barbasol travel can to dispense a dollop of lather I'm expecting to hear some sputtering, or have some spitting occur indicating it's about to throw in the towel. But noooooo.... still no signs it's about to stop. Maybe next time? Since I'm only doing head shaves this month, today I chose to augment the single golf ball sized dollop from the travel can with its big brother.

Three days since my last head shave, and I haven't shave my face since October 30th. I was digging around in the back of a bathroom cabinet shelf looking for my Norelco shaver (to start trimming the beard) and came across the British Sterling bottles. I completely forgot I even had those so I used them today. Great shave today... DFS. Have a great week everyone!
    IMG_1670.JPG

AGHisBBS, ilts and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 11/18/17
    DSCF1937.JPG

AGHisBBS, sdguero and Paul Turner like this.
  11. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Turkey Day Barbasol Shave 11/23/17 DSCF1954.JPG

AGHisBBS, sdguero and Paul Turner like this.
  12. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 11/26/17 DSCF1965.JPG

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS and sdguero like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

A full Barbasol day for me:

3BDE8C27-9B70-4E09-9F67-B1A5056796E0.jpeg

November 27 SOTD:

Barbasol Soothing Aloe
    Barbasol Floating Head
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Barbasol Brisk AS

14. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

My Barbasol Shave For Sunday 12/03/17 DSCF1996.JPG

15. sdguero

SOTD 12.4.2017

Shave Cream: Barbasol Original
    Razor: Ming Shi
    Blade: Wilkinson-Sword (4)
    Post-shave: Assured WH, Nivea Sensitive Skin PS Balm, Gillette Cool Wave AS
    IMG_1768.JPG

16. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave

'66 Gillette Super Speed
    Ming Shi MP-036 (7)
    Barbasol Original
    Cold Water Rinse,Witch Hazel
    Stetson A/S Lotion W/Aloe

17. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Christmas Eve Barbasol Shave 12/24/17 DSCF2064.JPG

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 01/07/18 DSCF2105.JPG

Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think Barbasol might be my best shave cream to use with the Clubman Gents Gin. I'll try it with Rise, too, but I'll be buying a Barbasol in the near future, as a backup to Rise.

20. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

Have any of you tried Clubman Shave Creme?

AGHisBBS, ilts and Bama Samurai like this.