Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

My wife picked up a can of Pacific Rush per my request yesterday. I had five days of growth and really needed a shave. So I go through my routine of putting cold water in the sink to soak my brush then taking a shower. I then pat my face and neck dry then apply lotion. Then I finish drying off the rest of the way.

I then start applying the goo with my brush and sprinkling a bit of H2O as it's pretty thick. I then start the hair removal process with a new GSB blade in my EJ. First pass goes well but something doesn't feel right... I rinse a little between passes and something is definitely not right. I relather... still, I'm missing something... what the heck...! Now I start looking at the can of Barbasol. WHAT!! It's not even in the ingredients! How can it NOT be listed...? With my bubble burst I finish a three pass with no touch up.

I immediately grab for my tablet when I'm all done. I'm sure everyone knows my best friend for now, Mr. Google. Very quickly my friend points out my mistake. Woopsy, the menthol is in Arctic Chill. The store didn't have that or the wife would've grabbed it, she new I wanted it cold.

Disappointed (in myself) but the end result of a DFS.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

2. simms623

I was pretty surprised that they even have the ingredients listed.

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

9 July 2016

[​IMG]

whiteboy_cannon and Jim99 like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

y'know, your "gittin'to be like @crackstar. :)

BigMike and whiteboy_cannon like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

12 July 2016

[​IMG]

13 July 2016

[​IMG]

6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I had to go out of town on business this week. I picked up a can of Barbasol with soothing aloe. I added a few drops of water as I felt it was just a bit too thick. I was very happy with the lather and slickness. I'm not giving up my artisan soaps, but Barbasol will be my travel shave cream for now on!

ilts and Bama Samurai like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Nice!

ilts and Jim99 like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Do you guys use a brush and bowl, or do you just apply it using your hand? For years I've just put a dollop on my hand and then applied it on my face. It works, but today I realized that I miss my brush!

Bama Samurai and ilts like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

No brush here when doing Barbasol. I don't even have a bowl for lathering. Barbasol or face lather a loaded brush are my methods.

ilts, Jim99 and whiteboy_cannon like this.
  10. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

I put it in a bowl add some water and use my brush like I would with any other soap or cream!!:happy088:

Jim99, Robyflexx and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Okay, so today is day 3 on the road. I put a little water in the cup of my hand and shot on a little Barbasol with soothing aloe. I whipped it up with my fingers (this is really tough to describe, but I hope you get the picture) and then applied it to my face. Not bad at all!

I had a real nice lather and it was very slick! The shave was smooth and comfortable! Keep in mind that my travel razor is a Van Der Hagen. Hey, if it were ever lost, I would shed no tears. I paired it up with a Gillette 7 o'clock yellow.

I guess that goes to show you that it's the sum of the tools used that go into the shave. So, I have now have a new found respect for Barbasol!

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I slather it on like aloe vera in the hands of a sunburned six year old.

14. Bama Samurai

14 July 2016

[​IMG]

ilts, Jim99 and gorgo2 like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sharp Star? That's a new one. How is it?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

It's an NOS Rapira Group blade of Moscow origin. Granted, shavette performance is not a predictor of DE performance, but it's smooth and sharp like GSB or other premium blades.

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I only tried Barbasol Original once and threw it away. It gave me a BAD irritation. I'm strictly a brush guy.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. simms623

I use a brush.

For the life of me I can't find the Arctic Chill. I've checked Walmart, Target and CVS .

19. Bama Samurai

Kroger, King Soopers, City Market--any of those stores around?

20. Bama Samurai

Would there be a canned aerosol cream or gel that you like?