Barbasol non aerosol shave cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by jeff fugate, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I have some. I really like it and I use it a lot these days. It really gives me a smooth shave on my neck and I can line up the edges of my beard with it if I don't feel like using shaving oil.This is what the old school Barbasol was like before canned foam was invented. I've read that because of its ingredients, it's really good for relieving things like poison ivy, heat rash, diaper rash, bed sores, etc. WWII G.I's got issued this a lot. Nurses on ships and at military hospitals used this stuff as shampoo due to all the shortages of stuff. It must have worked pretty well if people even bothered to mention it.

http://barbasol.com/barbasol-sc-B00052.html

2. Jacobite

Jacobite Member

I used it this morning. It is a terrific product to use when you're in a spell of rough shaves due to a certain blade or flawed technique and you can't take a day or two off from shaving to let the skin heal. It is the slickest product around, it has a nice, though unidentifiable scent, and it is a part of American shaving history. I keep a tube in my travel Dopp bag, and it never disappoints. It requires you to rinse the razor quite frequently, and I think it might clog a multi blade cart, so it is best used with a double edged razor.

EDIT- I never see it in shops, & the best price I can find online is at Pharmapacks, where if you bundle enough products together the shipping is free. So let's see.... I'll take 24 pucks of Williams, 4 tubes of Barbasol, 6 cans of foam...

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.