Barbasol Pacific Rush Possibly Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by LaSalle82, Mar 2, 2016.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

El bumpo (a little Spanish lingo for those of you in Rio Linda)

I've never been a big fan of Pacific Rush but Dollar General had 2 bottles in their clearance section, so I picked them up. I'll find some use for them.

LaSalle82 and crackstar like this.
  2. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

If you like menthol you're going to love the PR. Scent doesn't last too long but a fantastic menthol kick.......

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

They have it in Family Dollar stores in my area besides Dollar General.

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I did note some pretty potent menthol when I dabbed a bit on today. They're not identical but to my nose it smells very comparable to Aqua Velva blue, but the menthol from this one does jump out more.

5. Jaret

Jaret New Member

I'd never used any Barbasol After Shave until i purchased a bottle of Pacific Rush April 15, 2017. I've liked the Barbasol non-aerosol shave cream since the 80's as well as the Lanolin aerosol foam. Yet, I'd turned my nose up to the after shaves when they started s hi owing up on the shelves. Well I tried a dash on my wrist and I really liked the subtle scent and the menthol "pop". It was $1 at Big Lots. I appreciated it even more after shaving this morning. I went back the store and bought 3 more bottles. The scent reminds me of a toner down very subtle Aqua Velva (which I always found too strong and long scented). Pacific Rush has a health helping of menthol. To me it's formulation is to me a much improved version of Aqua Velva. I note that Pacific Rush has caster oil in it which leaves my skin feeling softened and smooth. I really like it and it sits in my vanity cabinet along side very expensive companions.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Spyder like this.
  6. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Just cleaned out the Big Lots in Seven Hills, OH. Three Bottles.. a buck each, can't beat that. I was getting nervous only having one bottle! :D

PLAla and Spyder like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Does Pacific Rush have better(or more)menthol than Arctic Chill?

Spyder likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That sounds akin to using Clubman Shave Cream, then following that up with Clubman Original A.S.

Spyder likes this.
  9. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Nice! I literally just got home from the DG with a bottle of brisk (one of my favorites) and no pr: I have like third of a bottle, which I now use sparingly.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Pacific Rush has lots of menthol. It was favorite until I couldn't find it.

Herm

Spyder and Paul Turner like this.