Barbasol Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rocket Scientist, Nov 14, 2010.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Happy for you and glad you got a very nice one for a very good price. [​IMG]

If you're wanting the whole line, you also need a vintage tube of Barbasol shave cream, a pack of the Barbasol single-edge blades (they never made a single-edge razor though) and you need the earlier fat-handle Barbasol razor.

[​IMG]

2. staxchipswell

staxchipswell Member

@ IAmTheJody Wow...that's a very nice razor, I have never seen that one..only the barbasol that did not have the name on the handle w/ a slightly different head design.

3. I'm sorry, my Queen!! I had no idea. That's kind of silly, isn't it? Visitors should be able to view pics in a thread... :mad:

@Jody: Why must you feed my RAD? :) I've never seen that fat handled razor before. Very neat!

4. IAmTheJody

In the end, we're all just enablers. :happy102

5. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I too have a Barbasol Razor, different than any other I've seen. I'll have to take a pic and post it later!

6. YankeeBoy

YankeeBoy Member

I'm the guy who bought the Barbasol from Razor Emporium. I to noticed the brassing on the head but decided to go ahead a buy it anyway. I just had to have one. I'm also having them replate in chrome for an additional $45 . I will let you guys know how it turned out. They promise and early Dec. delivery.

7. IAmTheJody

So you're in it for $130 ($85 for the razor and $45 for replate)?? I guess in the end, that's all that matters.. what it's worth to you and how badly you want it.

8. IAmTheJody

My floating head Barbie...

[​IMG]

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I must acquire a Floating Head Barbasol Razor now...

10. YankeeBoy

YankeeBoy Member

The Barbasol razors pictured above are real beauties. I hope the reconditioning on mine pays off. These razors do not come along that often. I have bought reconditioned razors from Matt and Sebastian at Razor Emporium before and have been very happy. I think they will do a great job with this one. I look at razors like this one as a collectable so its worth restoring.

11. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Necroing the thread.

is this type of Barbasol razor a good one to have, even if a bit beat up, or is it something to only look for when pristine? (snitched photo from Alex2363 @ BNB so people can see it here, but I shrank it down ) barbasol_razor-alex2363-small.jpg

ninjack, Tiredricefarmer and Jorvaljr like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I would be pleased to have it.

Tiredricefarmer likes this.