Barrister & Mann

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Chuck F, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Black Label performance is great. It's less thirsty than the regular B&M, which threw me off at first, I was using too much water. But now that I have it dialed in it is just as good as their original formula.

The scent is strong, pure lavender, nothing else. So it's fairly different from Lavanille.

JR Reyes, ps1160 and Tdmsu like this.
  2. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

Congrats! If you like the smell of Earl Grey tea (bergamot), you will love it. Otherwise, you will hate it. Either way the performance will be great.

theFAT98 likes this.
  3. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Got it today. I like scent. To me its a spicy citrus scent. Maybe a little woody.

ps1160 likes this.
  4. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

It's spicy and complex for sure. I really like the scent, it will fill your bathroom as it blooms, and changes a bit once you lather it up and apply to your face. The performance is what really makes B&M one of the best in the business...

Tdmsu, ps1160 and theFAT98 like this.
  5. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Thanks for the heads up Chuck. I want to try one of the black label soaps, just not sure which scent to go with. I really like their Lavenille, Cheshire, and Bay Rum.

ps1160 likes this.
  6. Chuck F

The Baudelaire shares the same leathery base as Lavanille, so might be one to try. I think the Orange & Cedar is my favorite of the bunch.

7. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Its my first b&m soap. I lathered it last night and came away pretty impressed.

ps1160 likes this.
  8. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Just received my first B&M soap - Fireside. I have NEVER smelled something so intoxicating or unique! Can't wait to shave with it this morning!

ps1160 and Chuck F like this.
  9. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

They seem to have discontinued it (maybe temporarily), but Ferox has been my go to soap since I've had it.

Tdmsu likes this.
  10. Chuck F

It's a spring or summer seasonal, I'll bet it'll be back.
    I wasn't able to get in on the first round of this, can't wait for them to restock. Does it basically smell just like cognac?

11. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

Fireside is a seasonal scent, so you will probably have to wait until next autumn for a new one.

12. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

It is seasonal but we don't know what season :) Chuck is probably right.

13. Chuck F

Fireside is a new winter seasonal, I checked with Will when I missed the first batch and he says he'll continue making batches into March. Ferox is the one I think is spring or summer.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  14. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

No, I just ordered and had it in 2 days! Amazing shipping! The Cognac smell is there, but spicier. Really extremely nice.

JR Reyes and Chuck F like this.
  15. Chuck F

@jeraldgordon you were right, Fireside is great. Heady and rich and totally unlike any other shaving soap I have. I detect a little anise in there, I think it's nice, but for those who can't abide even a little bit of licorice, it might not work.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

B&M Latha is one of the best deals I've seen. You can get the soap and aftershave for $16.50. Great product!

Tdmsu, JR Reyes and Chuck F like this.
  17. Malacoda

Malacoda Active Member

That is a heck of a deal. I haven't had a chance to dig around for some reviews on the Latha A/S performance, any insights on it? (If it's like he rest of Will's products, I'd very surprised if it doesn't perform really well...)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  18. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Latha works great! I like the post shave feel of his tallow a little better, but not by much.
    The AS is also excellent - it makes my skin feel well protected for winter, but it's light enough for anytime.
    Best value currently available, IMHO.

19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've my first sample pack of B&M arriving in a day or os. I look forward to trying this soap out.

Tdmsu and Chuck F like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent aftershave! Leaves my skin silky soft.

cubancigar2000 and Tdmsu like this.